Averie

If you enjoy this chapter don't forget to comment and vote 🧡

Averie's Point of View

When I woke up, I was warm. Too warm. My eyes fluttered open and I took in my surroundings. I didn't recognise the room I was in. Or why I was so warm. Despite being a werewolf I was usually always cold. I felt someone squeeze me. I tried moving away, but whoever had me in their arms had a vice grip around me. Finally able to roll over I looked at my captor. Kane. Oh. Somehow I'd already forgotten yesterday's events. Meeting Kane. Agreeing to leave my pack and join him.

His pack house was gigantic. It was hidden in the back of the forest, surrounded on all sides by endless miles of trees. The smell of the woods was everywhere. Not only was the pack house huge, it was gorgeous. From the outside it looked like any normal log cabin, but the closer you got you could see how the intricate design incorporated into the tree line, hiding the multi level estate from any wandering eyes. I was sure at least one hundred people could easily live there. His alpha suite had taken my breath away too. It was modernly decorated in creams and blacks. I'd only seen the living room at the entryway, his bedroom and the bathroom. The flatscreen TV was at least 72 inches and the couch could sit ten people comfortably. There was a painting of a large white wolf with forest green eyes above the mantle, that shockingly resembled my wolf.

Once he'd pulled me to his bedroom I was determined to find somewhere else to sleep, but the room was beautiful. An extra large king size bed sat in the middle. The dark green sheets looked soft and inviting. And the bathroom. The shower was tiled in white with dark grey accents and built in shelving. The rain shower head had eased my stress as it beat down on me. I had wanted to climb into the tub. It was so big that even at nearly 6' tall I could stretch out completely. It was sunken into the floor and so inviting. I chose the shower because I wanted to be done quickly. I was exhausted. When I was finished I put my pyjamas on and had gone back into the bedroom. I noticed the open empty drawers and the open closet. Empty space he'd cleared for me to move my stuff into. That was sweet. But that didn't mean anything. He was still a cruel, heartless killer.

If I had just stayed hidden like my parents had told me I wouldn't be in this situation. I blamed Athena, my wolf. Yesterday she was restless the entire day, begging me to go to the field. I didn't know why she was so restless, but when I hid on the outskirts of the field and the smell of rosewood and cinnamon assaulted my senses I knew why she'd wanted me here. Instincts told her we'd meet our mate.

He's perfect. She said through our mind link.

He's a ruthless, heartless killer. He killed Darren.

And dad killed his brother, Kody. And his Dad. It was war. Can't you see the Moon Goddess brought you two together to bring peace. And Tobias. She moaned Kane's wolf's name in my mind, panting. Rolling my eyes, I cut her off before she could say anything else. Kane had promised to sleep on the couch, but here he was, in his bed, holding me hostage. I pushed my hands against his chest roughly, trying to release myself. "Stop moving," he whispered.

"Let. Me. Go." I growled. His eyes opened slowly, staring at my face. He was handsome, there was no denying that. I even found his man-bun sexy. He took a deep breath, inhaling my scent and the action made me even angrier. "Now!" Releasing me he rolled away, allowing me to escape to the bathroom. Give him a chance. Athena chastised me. I couldn't. Because of his pack Darren was dead. My older brother. My protector. Tears filled my eyes as I cursed the Moon Goddess. This was a mistake. After changing into a pair of ripped black jeans and a simple grey t-shirt I walked out of the bathroom. Kane stood at the foot of his bed, black jeans around his muscular thighs while he pulled a grey t-shirt over his head. Seriously. He smirked at me noticing our matching outfits. Childishly I wanted to change, but I decided against it. He'd already seen my chosen outfit anyways.