Kane

If you enjoy this chapter don't forget to comment and vote 🧡

I waited on bated breath for her answer. I'd just asked her out on a date. I'd never taken anyone on a date before. My mind started racing through potential first date options. Dinner? Movies? Something romantic, but not cliche. Her emerald tinted eyes flickered back and forth between mine, searching them for something. I was desperate for her to give me a chance. Show her who you really are. Tobias called through our link. I nodded my head

"Okay," she whispered softly with a small nod of her head. I did a mental fist pump while Tobias hopped around happily in the back of my mind. "When?"

"Tomorrow," I answered immediately. "All day. Breakfast to dessert," I told her.

"But your sister is coming for dinner?" She questioned. I could already tell she was regretting her answer. The mate bond made her want to be near me, but she's spent all 21 years of her life being told to hate and distrust me. Hate and distrust my entire pack.

"We can move that to tonight," I answered simply before mind linking Kaylee. She squealed excitedly and said she'd take care of dinner. "Taken care of. Got any more excuses?" I teased her. Looking down, she avoided my eyes while ignoring my question. "Come on freckles," I said, taking her hand and leading her to the couch. "My sister will be here with dinner soon."

Guiding her to the couch I showed her how to work the remote before letting her chose whatever she wanted to watch. It was a show filled with women drinking wine and screaming at each other. Ignoring the headache it was giving me I mentally planned our date for tomorrow. Maybe if I could show her who I was as a person and as an alpha, she'd stop fighting the mate pull and fall for me too. Averie was entranced by her show, sitting with her legs crossed, elbows resting on her knees while she leaned forward. Her blonde hair fell forward, blocking her green eyes and the sprinkle of freckles across her nose and cheeks from my view. I couldn't believe how lucky I was that this woman was my mate.

A knock on our suite door pulled my from my thoughts, my mental planning for our date day tomorrow almost complete. When I stood, so did Averie, turning off the TV as she followed after me. "Hi," Kaylee happily said pushing her way into the apartment, her arms full of takeout, as she immediately pounced on Averie. I sighed, not even attempting calm Kaylee down. It would be useless anyway.

"Hey," Michael greeted me, sticking his hand out to shake. Even though I was his alpha, he was family and during family dinner, we weren't formal. Michael was one of the pack warriors; he'd been there the night I found Averie. He was two years younger than I was, and three years older than Kaylee. She was only fifteen when Michael was 18 and had realised she was his mate. I was furious, she was too young. But my own mate was only 21, making our age difference the same as Michael and Kaylee. They'd been mated for four years now and I loved Michael like a brother.

"Hey," I answered, stepping back and allowing him to enter.

"How's it going?" He gestured with his head towards our mates. Looking at them I saw Kaylee talking excitedly, pulling her to the kitchen, talking mile a minute while Averie looked on with amusement.

"She hates me," I sighed frustratedly. He only nodded at me sympathetically.

"And how are you going to fix that?"

"Start small? I've got no idea man," I groaned, my hand rubbing along the back of my neck. "It doesn't help that eighty percent of my sexual history is walking around the pack house," I admitted shamefully. Michael's eyebrows furrowed and his nose scrunched up as he looked at me distastefully. Even my own warriors were disgusted by my behaviour. I couldn't blame them. "She agreed to go on a date with me tomorrow?"