Chapter 55

A/N:
Hiii everyone :) I'm doing that fanfic author thing where I awkwardly say sorry for not updating in SO LONG. Long story short, 2020 was  a w f u l  and I kinda completely lost my will to do anything 😳😳

But 2021's a new year and I'm hoping it'll be much better so here we go :)

And yes the plan is still for 60 chapters, so get ready for the last few! Man I really missed writing, this is great. Have fun reading.

(Also, I got a cat!!)

~Shadow

Sabrina's POV:

Baba Yaga looked thoughtful. When she was deep in thought, the threatening look disappeared off her face and I wasn't as scared of her (although one of her eyes still moved around in its own direction and that made me slightly uncomfortable).

Puck squeezed my hand. You think there's actually a way?

I smiled up at him. There's always a way. Magic always has a loophole, which I'm sure is what they used in the first place.

Yeah... He grimaced. I... don't remember much of it. It's kind of a weird blank.

Bunny sighed. "It's possible. It's strong magic, of course. I don't want to know what kind of force they used to perform such a powerful spell. A fairy's wings are a part of them. To take them away..." She furrowed her eyebrows. "Well, we'd need Morgan to help us with the spell. It'll be difficult, but with a coven it's possible."

I grinned from ear-to-ear, as did Pin. Puck stared at the witch.

"So... so I could actually get my wings back? Actually?"

Bunny and Baba Yaga nodded in affirmation. "It'll have to wait, but yes." Bunny gave the three of us a reassuring smile. "Everything will be all right. We just have to get through this."

I sighed. "Yeah. 'Just.'"

Pin scratched his head. "Wait, what about Celeste? She could help some—" He paused. "Daphne has her. Maybe, with a proper distraction, she could help Morgan le Fay escape with Celeste."

I grinned. "You're a genius! We—"

"I know." He wore a smug expression, and Puck rolled his eyes.

"We just have to contact her; then she and Ember can figure something out. For sure." My mind was racing. "And... we've got to get Red back. She's been taken over by the Wolf, but maybe Daphne can do something... I don't know. But maybe. Some of us have got to sneak in, too. Maybe there are some other people trapped there? I'm not sure. And we have to do something to get Erift away, maybe—"

"Okay, calm down." Bunny smiled gently. "One thing at a time. A message to Daphne first, and then we think about the rest. We'll leave what we don't know up to Daphne and Ember."

I nodded quickly. "Okay. All right." My heart was beating fast; the hope of winning this was growing larger. I turned to Puck who was still standing there, staring at the ground. I took a breath and tentatively reached out to feel his emotions.

It was still insane that I could do that. I mean, me, Sabrina Grimm, with actual magical powers. And not from a wand or a hat or anything. Now I could do extraordinary stuff on my own—stuff I wouldn't even be allowed to do with magical items because of my addiction. I made a mental note not to get too close to Celeste—she was practically made of magic.