Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Alison was scrambling back and forth with the different clothes she had tried on which had piled up into a mountain high beside her wardrobe. Still having no clue what to wear for her first date with Jason. He actually asked her out on a real date! Not just dinner, not simply hanging out, not merely doing something after work, but a date. She could not stop squealing in excitement in her room after he finally asked her. However, she was battling between wearing what she had been seen in her new self or actually try to wear something her old self would wear. After much deliberation, she decided to put on a black skinny ripped jeans with one off shoulder oversized white T-shirt. She lets her hair loose adding a light blush and lip gloss, leaving her glasses in her drawer. Gaining more confidence in herself, she decided to leave the glasses in its box and continued her days without the need of hiding behind it anymore. The clock showed a quarter to five which means she only have fifteen minutes to be ready downstairs. She quickly gathers her things, placing them inside her purse and slip on her black flat shoes and went downstairs.

Not knowing what to expect or what was going to become after this date made her mind clogged with a thousand questions. Where is this going exactly? I really do like him somehow, he made me feel like a better person and he is such an amazing person. But, does he really feel the same way towards me? Most importantly, what about my secrets?

"Hey Ally-dear. You look beautiful." Mrs. Brooke take in her appearance as she walked out of the kitchen.

"Thanks. Oh, I think he's here!" She dashed to the front door once she heard the doorbell rang and opened it.

"Hi... You look beautiful." Jason feast his eyes on her making her blush.

"You don't look so bad yourself." She replied with big smile on her face looking at Jason in a black jeans and brown jacket over a white t shirt. His hair was slicked back showing his strong angular face. He looked dashing, as usual.

"Do you mind coming inside and meet my parents for a minute before we leave? Sorry..." She requested sheepishly.

"Yeah sure." She led him towards the living room where Mr. and Mrs. Brooke sat.

"Evening, Mr. Mrs. Brooke. How are you?"

"Jason. I'm good. Come sit with me for a moment, will you?" Her father gestured towards the empty seat at the couch beside him while her mother greeted then guided Alison towards the kitchen giving the two men to converse privately making Alison on edge.

"What are they talking about? What is dad saying to him? It's taking so long." Alison blabbered anxiously and quickly walked back to the living room when she saw Jason and her father stood up together.

"Yes, sir. We'll be on our way then." He smiled at Alison who stood nervously beside him.

"Bye mom, dad." She kissed each of them on the cheeks before walking out of the house.

"So, what did my dad say to you?" She asked once they were both in the car.

"Nothing much. Just how he'd take out his shotgun if I were to ever hurt you in any way, physically or mentally." He said flatly.

"What?! Oh my gosh... I'm so sorry." She hid her face behind the palms of her hands.

"Don't be, in fact I respected him even more. He cares a hell lot about you." He replied taking her hands away from her face, holding it in his.

"So, where are we going?" She asked.

"You'll know it soon enough." He stole a glimpse of her excited squeal. They soon parked the car and stepped out.

"The lake? I should've guessed. A picnic at our usual spot." She guessed still with a smile on her face

"Come on, we don't want to miss the sunset." He took her hand in his, walking towards the lake but instead of sitting on their favorite bench, he placed the picnic basket and took her to the edge of the lake where there was a small boat filled with petals of flowers. She gasped in disbelief that he was capable of doing something so sweet. Leading her into the boat, he paddled to the middle of the lake, moving closer towards the sunset.

"This is amazing. Can't believe we've never actually got on the boat after all these times." She beamed.

"Glad that you like it. I tried to crack my head up looking for something memorable, different yet meaningful." He said.

"Oh, didn't realize that you're the romantic type." She teased.

"Oh, I can be romantic, just for you, Ariel." He smirked. Damn, that smile had me melting into a pool. They continued to paddle around for a few more round before going back to land.

"Watch out for snakes." He suddenly said.

"What? You're telling me now!" She shrieked.

"I'm kidding. I'm kidding. Just watch out for spiders." He added causing her mouth to gape.

"I'm kidding again. Just watch out for piranh-"

"Jason!" She cut having enough of his joke while he let out a laugh. She almost never seen him laugh this freely, it was usually reserved or a short chuckle. It was somewhat uplifting and made her heart warm. They stepped out of the boat towards the picnic where he laid the mat on the ground, placing a few glass candles and took out the food and drinks on the mat.

"Dig in. I hope you like carbonara." He added a scoop of pasta onto her plate.

"My favorite!" She gladly took a spoonful into her mouth savoring it immediately. They finished their dinner with chocolate cake which melts in her mouth. This is amazing. He's amazing.

"I hope you like it. I know it's just a simple date."

"Like it? I love it. It's amazing. Thank you, I really appreciate this." She said laying down on her back facing the sparkling sky full of stars with the soft music serenading in the background.

"Can I ask you a something?"

"Yeah." He replied.

"I thought... you don't date." She bit her lips, taking a glance at him who slowly got up and leaned on his elbow, his body facing hers, his eyes intently staring deep into hers.

"I don't... until you. I've been denying it all these while but I just simply can't get you out of my head. Your fiery red hair, your enticing blue eyes, your gorgeous smile, your fearless character, your valiant kindness, everything about you... it only draws me closer to you." His justification made her heart to beat erratically while her breath became deep as he drew closer to her, his lips finally claimed hers, his thumb caressing her cheeks as his palms rested behind her neck below her ears. She lifted her hands placing them at the back of his neck as she pulled him closer wanting to be even closer, if that was even possible. The heat intensified, longing for each other like they needed each other. Passion coated their kiss as they laid comfortably on each other under the dark sparkling sky.