Chapter 45

Chapter 45

"You're coming to the party, right? It is my birthday." Rob said taking a sip of his soda.

"What? Your birthday? Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I didn't realize. Happy birthday!" Alison greeted.

"Later midnight will be my birthday, so, you'll be coming right?"

"I don't know... I don't think a party is a place for me." She glanced at Zoe considering their last incident that happened at the party.

"Oh, come on! Just this once." Zoe added which made her eventually give in to their request.

They walked into one of their mutual friend's house that hosted the party. The music was blaring, the room was already crowded with sweaty and drunk teenagers. Walking inside made Alison flashbacked to the scene with Tristan forcefully kissing her which made her shivered at the thought. Brushing away the thought, she tried to keep up with Zoe, Rob and Loraine who were already far in front of her when she spotted him sitting on the couch comfortably with a sexy brunette, her slender body sat on his lap with her hands snaked around his neck. She's that cheerleader. Without realizing, she had stopped walking and stood there gawking at the new couple, he noticed her presence locking their eyes for a brief moment before he broke the stare, rolling his eyes away and annoyed to even look at her, he turned back his attention to the flirtatious cheerleader. Taking in the scene made her heart squeezed the life out of her. Why does it hurt so much? Quickly, she tried to walk away from the nauseating sight and made her way to the kitchen, frantically pouring whatever liquor within her grasp into the empty cup and downing it quickly, feeling the burning sensation that helped ease the tension from her clenched throat down to her stomach for a brief moment. You already chose to let him go so, let him go even though it crushes you seeing him with that girl... It freaking hurt like hell. He's so cold towards me that it hurts seeing how he was so warm towards her.

It was almost midnight and they were already preparing the cake for Rob, counting down the few seconds until it was officially his birth day. Alison finally caught sight of Layla and Shane as they gathered waiting for Rob to blow out the candles and they continued back to partying. Alison was about to greet Layla when she was dragged outside by her. Walking out of the house to the garden, they stood by the side of the house which was quieter.

"Al, you're my friend and so is Jason. I'm just worried about the two of you. I don't get to see him anywhere. He wouldn't pick up any of my calls and even Loraine is getting worried about him. And I can feel that you both very much still care about each other and maybe you just needed to talk things out." Layla blurted out.

"Lay, I just hope that you'd understand it's a decision I made and I need you to simply accept that. We're just... we can't, anymore." Alison forced out her words, though it aches just saying those words.

"Whatever happens, whatever is going on, I'm sure you both can talk it out. He truly cares about you and so do you. You do realize how he changed after you both broke up. It feels like it's happening all over again, but worst. I'm worried, Loraine's worried. It's not doing you or him any good. Just talk to him, please." Layla expressed constantly looking over her shoulder towards the door.

"Layla... of all people, I would be the last person he'd listen to. You've forgotten that he hated me as deep as a wrath from hell." She recalled how he purposely ignored her each time they passed by, as if she was invincible, even after the day he helped her at the carpark, he was back to his cold demeanor which only shattered her already broken heart, if that was even possible.

"I'll leave you both to talk." Layla nodded towards Loraine who walked out together with the last person she wanted to see.

"What are you doing? Layla!" Alison exasperated, warning Layla with her low and dangerous tone but she just left with Loraine, leaving Jason alone with her, a sudden chilling change of atmosphere.