6

a/n: hi again :) things are gonna be slow for a bit but bare with me if you're still there <3 still in the process of editing but couldn't help myself from writing a short filler. enjoy.

-------

THIRD-PERSON POV:

his jaw kept ticking. his foot tapping against the floor as he stared at the empty seat in front of him. the seat where kim would usually sit when she stayed for dinner but she left. she left him alone and his jaw just kept fucking ticking.

"you okay, honey? you've barely touched your food," his darling wife said from the other side of the table. he glanced at her before nodding with a grunt, annoyed because she took her home.

"i'm fine baby, just thinking of ways to improve this recipe. this isn't my best cooking." he chuckled at the end for emphasis and felt relieved when she seemed to believe his quick lie.

"it tastes great honey, a little salty but it doesn't bother me," she smiled.

his jaw ticked again.

if it doesn't bother you then why speak about it? he thought to himself, as he roughly cut into his steak and took a bite to stop himself from voicing his thoughts.

"you guys are boring, i miss kim," angela said with a pout, she placed her silverware down on the table and crossed her arms over her chest with a huff.

"me too." david thought.

"i don't see why you hang with that girl. she's not good for you angie," his wife spoke, her pretty blonde hair glimmering in the light of the dining room as she tilted her head slightly at her darling daughter who could do no wrong in her eyes.

boy was she wrong.

angie scoffed at her mother, already sick of having this same conversation whenever kim was brought up. she loved her best friend and considered her family, she couldn't understand why her mother was so against the young girl.

at first, she thought maybe her mom was racist, maybe the reason she didn't like kim was because of the color of her skin, but she had seen her mother interact with other black people before as if she didn't know what color was so no that wasn't it.

the young girl sighed, not even attempting to answer her mother. she was so deep in thought she didn't notice the sharp look her father tossed at her mother.

david didn't know what was wrong with him tonight, he was on edge, barely eating, his thoughts plagued by her. he had fleeting thoughts about kim before, about how pretty she was and how she was a good friend for angie—they balanced each other like yin and yang— so he was always fond of the girl, he must have underestimated how far that fondness would go because after their actions he knew it could never go back to what it was.

he would have her.

she would be his.

quick maths.

after the silence from their daughter. christa shrugged, "i'm just saying," she trailed off biting into a steamed vegetable and never finishing her sentence.

"how about you JUST shut the fuck up." angie thought, completely fed up with her mom's games but continuing to eat in silence.

dinner ended shortly after with david staying behind to clean up the dining room table and christa handling the dishes while angie retired to her room with her parent's permission.

"you sure you're okay honey, i don't know; you seem a bit on edge," christa leaned her hip against the sink while drying a glass with a towel. She turned from her husband to put the dish away before turning to face him again since he had yet to respond.

he took a deep sigh while pushing in the last chair, "i promise i'm okay baby, i don't know there's just a lot on my mind," which wasn't a lie. he was entranced with how soft her skin was and how her breathy moans breathed life into him. his dick ached to hear her moan for him again. 

he stiffened as his wife came up to touch him, her hands warm from the sink water. "well whatever it is baby please know that i'm always here for you if you want to talk. through sickness and in health right?" she pecked him softly on the lips before wrapping her arms around his neck in a comforting hug and she sighed as his arms came around her waist.

they sat like that for a moment and he guessed that some part of him should feel guilty. he had a loving, doting wife who didn't even ask questions when he explained that something was wrong; yet he couldn't get kim off of his mind. 

"what's wrong with me?" david thought to himself, before holding his wife tighter.