~16~

I strode into elena and Caroline's dorm room as I had got a message a few minutes ago from Katherine saying she needed help. I heard a crash in the bathroom and I quickly rushed over there and swung the door open.
"What the hell are you doing in my dorm, Katherine?" Caroline scoffed as she was in a chokehold. I sent katherine one stern look and she let go of Caroline's neck.
"I just needed a place to crash, but it seems my saviour is here" she smiled at me which made Caroline scoff once more
"What? I loathe you"
"I'm desperate, okay? Damon kicked me out, Stefan doesn't remember me and I just spent my last $20 on a meal that I didn't even get to enjoy"
"Come on katherine you're staying at my place. I don't think you're wanted here" I said trying to ease the tension.
"See someone does appreciate me" she gloated which made Caroline glare even harder.
"You're lucky cuz because without me you'd be sleeping....in here" I looked around the small room and Caroline elbowed me in the ribs
"Oh I mean you're missing out!" I said and quickly grabbed katherine's hand leading her out of the cramped dorm room.
"You are such a troublemaker you know that?"
"I know but you are too and that's why we are such great cousins" I rolled my eyes but smiled anyways
"I'll cover financial part of keeping you alive and all you have to do is relax"
—————————————————
I had been called by Elena much to my distaste and she had begged me to come with her to help stefan out. Stefan and trouble always found their way back to each other no matter how hard I try to keep them away.
"Well, if it isn't stefans fated love and his new one" I rolled my eyes and she simply smirked.
"Where is he?" Elena spoke first much to my surprise.
"Come on in. Who am I to stand in the way of destiny?" I gave her a weird look before I walked in after Elena.
"You shouldn't have walked through that door" he said speaking to both of us. I sighed and took a step forward but tessa pushes me back a bit.
"I'm really sorry. I wouldn't have let Damon do what he did to you" elena attempted to apologise which made stefan more angrier.
"Sure you would've. You have this annoying tendency to do anything he tells you to do" stefan has seriously changed and not for the better. Which made me feel worse for not finding him sooner.
"I'm no shrink, but I think it's called co-dependance" I shot a glare at tessa
"Look. I get that you're upset with us for pretty much everything, but do you really think that sleeping with Tessa is gonna solve anything?" Wait he was sleeping with Tessa..? I gave him a disappointed look and I never had felt so sad over a mere boy.
"You're sleeping with Tessa?" I asked him and he immediately shook his head.
"Of course not why would I do that?" We all looked at tessa for an explanation
"I'm so bad with messages. Oh, look! Elena called. She's wondering why you're here. I may have embellished for effect"
"Okay. I just came by to make sure she that hadn't done some, like, fatal attraction spell on you. Now that I know you're good, I'm gonna go"
"I'm not leaving" I said and Tessa quickly grabbed my arm. I quickly grabbed her wrist and squeezed until I heard a sickening crack meaning it was broken. She let out a cry and elena went to leave but was stopped by a barrier.
"Yeah. You really shouldn't have come inside"
————————————————
"Try this. Let me know what you think"
"All right" tessa replied. Stefan was cooking on a stove while tessa hovered
"Mmm. It's good"
"Yeah?"
"Yeah"
"All right"
"Okay. I get it. You hate me. You might not have any memories, Stefan, but I do. This person, she's not the type of person you would like. I hate to admit it but that girl over there is yours not tessa" Stefan had knew deep down he had feelings for Selena even with his memories being wiped. Anyone could see it, he just hadn't admitted that completely to Selena yet and to be honest he was scared to. He didn't want to lose her because she felt like the only person that was real to him with all the blank in his memories.

"That's not very nice, especially considering I've allowed you to remain alive until sundown. Selena's father is coming soon, don't expect her to be alive much longer either"
"Why would you invite her father? Wouldn't she save her?"
"You haven't told them have you" she said catching my attention. I froze on the spot but rushed towards her.
"It's none of their business" I growled and she only flicked her hand sending me against a wall.
"Well Selena's father hates her guts, wants her dead and whatnot and he was pretty happy when I told him I had you all ready for him"
"No I don't want to see him again" I said trying my best to not show that I was terrified
"And theres you're vulnerable side. Keep that with you when you take you're last breath because I know I will enjoy the show" she smirked. Stefan faced me finally making eye contact
"Is that true? Does he really want you dead"
"He's wanted me dead since I turned. There's no changing his mind stefan he's going to take me away" I mumbled
"Don't say a word, I will find a way to get you out of here. Whatever it takes, just have hope that I won't let him hurt you" I slowly nodded and then tessa casually walked back in. She was on the phone with Damon for a few minutes before I noticed the huge pull of power keeping me inside of the cabin was lifted. And Stefan had obviously noticed too as he stabbed tessa with a kitchen knife.
"Selena get out of here!" He yelled and I grabbed elena and ran into the woods. I remembered the route to the salvatore boarding house and that's where I let elena go onto her own feet.
"Thank you" she said sincerely and I smiled slightly. Stefan had whooshed in and stopped once he nearly bumped into us.
"Well, uh, have a good night" he told elena once they started walking into the house. I followed behind and went and sat down on one of their sofas next to damon and near Jeremy
"Yeah. It's weird. Even with no memory, you're still you"
"Well, Tessa was gonna kill you and selena, and you don't seem like you deserve that and I knew i couldn't let you both die. I guess it's an instinct"
"Exactly. That's what I'm saying. Your instincts were always to protect the people you love , so, thank you for-- for just being you"
"Well, have a good night" I chuckled once he made his way upstairs.
"Wow you elena Gilbert are so sappy" I said and she threw a pillow at me.
"Stefan Salvatore sleeps in his own bed tonight. Does that mean he stopped hating us or did the power of the doppelgänger universe push him into the car with you?"
"Well, he, uh, saved my life, so I'll take that as not hate" I lifted myself off the sofa and Damon quickly stopped me.
"Can I ask you something?" I shrugged
"Aren't you the slightest bit worried that elena and Stefan are destined to be with each other. I know I feel a bit insecure and all-"
"I'm not concerned at all" I said and he cocked his head to the side
"Why...not?"
"Because in the end destiny is an excuse to force people into doing something. Elena and Stefan should get to make their own choice and if stefan does eventually like elena again then I can't stop him from feeling that way. I'm not going to stop stefan because he deserves free will in his decisions even if it hurts me to do so. It would make stefan happy"
"Then I will do the same" he said sitting down on the sofa next to me resting his head on my shoulder.
"We'll be okay damon I promise"