Chapter 1

I wanted to run away, no. I needed to run away!

I was sitting at home like any other night. my mom burst through my bedroom and and started screaming!

She yelled, "Your so stupid. I told you to come out for dinner, but you didn't... your in for a good one tonight."

Then in her rush of anger she undid the belt through the loops on her jeans and started to whip me. my back ached and my side hurt so badly from her kicking me. I wanted to leave, I needed to.

I screamed and moaned with every punch and every whip and with every kick the pain got worse. There was an antagonizing burn spreading down my side. I felt it and blood was running down my side. My mother kicked me one more time and I quickly got up and pushed her into a wall and started to punch her back with as much force as I could.

When I was done, I screamed at the top of my lungs, "I'm leaving and I don't care if you don't want me to!!!"

With that, I walked out the door with only my phone, a water bottle, and the clothes on my back. I was leaving this town of Nashville and moving to Los Angeles, California. I just remembered that I kept $1000 dollars of my paycheck from working at the mall in my phone case.

I was able to buy a train ticket to LA for $300 dollars, I only have $700 left. I had to spend it wisely until I found help. A full day later I made it to LA.

I found a park bench and sat down there thinking this will have to do for the night. Out of no where a car pulled up and a figure rolled down the window. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Madonna.

Madonna's POV
When I saw her I knew something was wrong. She had blood along her side and was wearing a tattered shirt. I felt like I needed to do something. My mother died when I was 6, I know what it's like to have to be the bigger person, all together you could see she was homeless.

Donatello's POV
She was the first to speak, by saying, "What happened? Why do you have all that blood on your shirt?" By now I didn't know what to say as an excuse so I told her the whole story.

She asked me to get in the car and said that she would take care of me. I was freaking out! Madonna was going to take care of me!

We returned to her mansion and she had her on call doctor give me a check up and bandage my many wounds.

All 4 of her kids were excited to meet me. Lourdes Leon and Rocco Ritchie were her biological children, while David Banda and Mercy James were her adopted children from Malawi.

Madonna called me aside and said, "what should I call you by? "

"Donatello"

"Yeah, sure."

"Thanks."

"So, the reason I want to talk to you is because I would really like to adopt you and become your mother. Would you like that?"

"Yes! I would love that!"

"Great! I will go to the courthouse tomorrow to sign all the papers that are needed. In the mean time, lets go shopping and Lola(lourdes) and I can find you some new cute outfits!"

We got home from shopping and I saw my closet filled with every thing in it and was amazed by the sight! Everything was organized and the bedroom, closet, and bathroom were huge. I was so great full for everything. I was super tired so I sat down on my bed to go to sleep.