Chapter 5

Dipper Pov

We entered the shack, me still holding Bill's hand. I dragged him upstairs, bringing him to our room. I opened the door and we stepped inside.

I watched Mabel plop onto her bed, me leading Bill over to mine and sitting down. I reluctantly let go of his hand, immediately missing the feeling of his touch.

'Dammit Mason, why are you thinking like this?!?! You don't have feelings for Bill, you can't. Just stop thinking about it.' I looked up to see Mabel and Bill staring at me.

"You okay Bro-bro? You look really mad." Mabel said to me. "Oh, sorry. Deep in thought I guess." I answered with a smile.

'I hope Bill doesn't try to read my thoughts.'

We sat and talked for a while, soon Mabel left the room to go eat while me and Bill stayed since neither of us were hungry. Well, Bill doesn't usually eat but you get the idea.

As soon as the door closed to the bedroom, an awkward silence swept across the room. I fidgeted with my hands for a bit, keeping my head down. It seemed Bill didn't notice the awkwardness as he looked perfectly fine.

"S-So, what do you want to do?" I asked finally. I watched Bill look over to me, and immediately I felt as though he could see right through me, like he knew something was going through my head.

"I'm not sure Pine Tree, I'll do just about anything you want to do. I mean, I'm not really used to being human anymore." I hummed at his answer, and looked over to the side. Soon I felt myself become tired.

"B- *yawn* Bill, I'm going to take a nap. I'm tired..." I said, and watched as he moved so that I could lay down on the bed properly. I layed down on top of the blankets, burying my face into the pillow. Soon I fell asleep, only to end up in a nightmare.

Bill Pov

Pine Tree fell asleep rather quickly, and I watched as his somewhat worried expression changed into a more peaceful one.

'Cute. Wait, what?!?!' I started to mentally scream at myself for even letting that thought cross my mind, until I noticed Pine Tree begin to toss and turn in his sleep.

His face changed into one of terror, he must have been having a nightmare. I didn't really know what to do, so I just got into the bed and layed beside him, holding him close to me. I layed on my back, and draped his arm over me. I rested my left hand on his side, trying to make sure he was comfortable.

He buried his face into my shoulder, and I felt my face heat up. Wasn't this... Blushing? But, I don't have feelings for Pine Tree. I know I don't.

I watched as his face became peaceful once again, and he rested his head on top of my shoulder now, as though it were a pillow. I smiled slightly at seeing he was no longer having a nightmare, and that he had become peaceful. I somehow fell asleep, waking up later to the flash of a camera.

"Got it!" Shooting Star cheered. I woke up more fully, realizing she had taken a picture of me and Pine Tree sleeping- together.

'Oh shit, what's Pine Tree gonna think when he wakes up?' My fear had become reality when Pine Tree began waking up, sitting up some.

"B-Will..... Why were you... Sleeping.... With me..?" He asked, blushing a little. "Oh, you had a nightmare, and I didn't know what to do, so I just layed beside you. I guess it worked because you calmed down but then I accidentally fell asleep..." I responded, trying not to let my face become red as I spoke.

"Oh.... Thanks then." I hummed in response, sitting up and yawning. "Sh-Mabel, you better delete that picture... Don't think P-Dipper would want other people to see that...." I said.

'Shit, I almost called them Shooting Star and Pine Tree. That would have totally blown it and Sixer would have found out and tried to kill me. I've got to be more careful.'

"Wait, she did what?!?!" I laughed a bit at his reaction. "Mabel took a picture of us sleeping, I woke up because of the flash." He began panicking. "MABEL!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!" He yelled at her. I tried my hardest, but ended up laughing really hard.

"C-Calm down Dipper! It's just one picture! Hahaha!!" I laughed.

I soon stopped, scared that Shooting Star might recognize the sound of my laugh and think it was really me.

"Well Dippin Dots, guess I'll delete it because Will asked me to. But you're lucky here. I won't delete it next time." I watched her delete it, sighing in relief when it was gone.

"Well guys, it's time you two come eat. I ate an hour ago, now you need to." I groaned quietly to myself. There's no point in me eating, it doesn't do shit. But I guess I have to if i'm going to keep this up. 

"Okay, thanks Mabel." Pine Tree said, getting up from the bed. I immediately felt the warmth by my side disappear, making me feel slightly....empty? Huh, that's weird. 

I got up and followed Pine Tree out of the room, heading downstairs and into the kitchen. "How come you two didn't come down here an hour ago?" I heard Sixer ask. "Oh, we weren't hungry so Mabel went ahead, but then we ended up falling asleep. We just woke up." I explained. 

"Okay, just make sure you eat!" Stanley answered. We nodded and ate, soon finishing and heading back upstairs since it was nightfall, we had 'eaten' lunch at the concert. 

We stayed and talked for a bit, soon it was pretty late and Pine Tree went downstairs to see if I could stay the night. While he did, Shooting Star asked me a question.

"What do you think about Dipper?" 

I froze and began thinking.

'What do I think of Pine Tree?'

Then, I started to answer. 

"Well....."