The Missed Party

Sonic is an easy-going and nice hedgehog, with many friends. Sonic is also a free spirit. Which isn't always a good thing. Sometimes Sonic will miss battles or big events, just so he can run around in the Green Hill Zone. But Sonic never misses his friend's birthdays. Until today. Today Sonic missed Amy the hedgehog's birthday, and she was really upset. She searched everywhere for Sonic, and finally found him in the Green Hill Zone. When Sonic noticed Amy, he started to run away from her. Of course, Amy eventually caught up. "Sonic!" Amy shouted, "You missed my party!"
"I-I'm sorry, Amy" Sonic stuttered, "I... I forgot about it."
"T-that's a lie!" Amy exclaimed, "You knew it was today! I was so excited for you to come to the party, and you never came!"
The worst thing was Sonic did know it was today. He didn't know what to say. But then, a voice overhead interrupted his thoughts.
"WAHAHAHAHA!" The voice boomed, "Now I'll destroy you, pesky hedgehog, with my ultimate weapon!"
Oh, man, it's the egghead, Sonic thought, I need to get Amy out of here! Sonic grabbed ahold of Amy's arm, and started dashing away. Eggman started shooting what he called his "ultimate weapon." Blasts of plasma were being shot in every direction!
"Sonic, slow down!" Amy cried, "I can't run as fast as you!" Sonic ignored her cries as he pulled her every which way. the plasma blasts kept coming, and suddenly, one blast shot Amy right through the heart...