Happily Ever...Nope!

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,

and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."

-H. P. Lovecraft

Katie was pretty sure that in the dictionary under the word beautiful was the beautiful scene in front of her. She sat swaying back and forth on the beautiful oak porch swing, baby Robyn cuddled against her chest asleep. The sun was going down, reflecting beautifully on the bay.

They were a week into their "family-moon" as Oliver was deeming it and it was completely perfect. Oliver had surprised them all by bringing them to this small town in the middle of nowhere. There was this big, beautiful beach house that rested near the bay that belonged to his parents. It was one of the few assets not lost during the liquidation when they lost the company.

The snap of a camera pulled Katie from her thoughts, and she turned with a shake of her head at her husband who held the camera which at this point seemed surgically attached to his hands. Since they arrived, a moment rarely passed without the man grabbing the camera and taking a picture. When she asked him about it, he simply said he wanted to one day look back on the happy memories.

"I'm going to hide that camera." She said turning away, and looking back to the setting sun. Oliver slid beside her on the swing, bringing an arm around her before placing a kiss to his daughter's head.

"Well this scene with you two was just too beautiful to not be captured on film." Katie smiled turning to look over to the man who brought his lips to hers.

"What's Ari up to?" Katie asked and Oliver lightly chuckled. "Please tell me they're not still playing poker." Oliver only laughed more. The moment they arrived, Arianna complained relentlessly about how they were in the middle of nowhere, with absolutely nothing fun to do. She too assumed they were actually going some place more extravagant. She'd actually tried guessing and getting Oliver to reveal it to her on the plane ride over. She'd guessed Italy, or Paris, maybe Hawaii, or even Cancun. She definitely wouldn't have guessed some small town called Blue Hill in Maine. The end of the teenager's complaining only came at the uprising of her competitiveness that was brought on by Gloria, and a few of the security guards that had come along the trip. At the moment Gloria and Ari were in some sort of poker tournament that seemed to be going on two hours now. "That girl really doesn't want to wash the dishes." she chuckled before lying her head to Oliver's shoulder. "This place really is beautiful."

"It really is. I remember coming here when I was younger, and I didn't really grasp the beauty of this place. I was the Ari of my family, only I think I was worse."

"Well, you were ok for a bit that summer I was invited up here." Katie said and Oliver furrowed his brow and looked down to her. She could feel his eyes on her.

"You remember coming up here, because you said you didn't." Katie didn't say anything and Oliver sighed. "You remember everything, don't you?"

"I remember the good, the bad and the ugly, Mr. Queen. And that includes a drunken kiss we both just decided never happened."

"I knew you remembered that!" Oliver pulled back, and Katie looked over to him, placing a finger to her lips. He glanced down to Robyn who only slightly stirred, but continued to sleep. He met Katie's eyes and she simply shrugged. "Why did you pretend that you didn't?"

"Because it was very weird. We'd just come from that party, walking back here, and we were talking about something, something that made us laugh uncontrollably." she smiled as she turned away. "And then a kiss happened. I don't remember if you kissed me, or if I just kissed you, but-"