The Dancing Egg

Daniel's pov

We left the church, and made our way towards the gateway to the Gothic Quarter.

"We're going to the crchive place next, right?" I asked Y/n.

I was walking next to her, and the others were all walking behind us. 

"Yup," She replied enthusiastically. 

"You really do love giving tours," I noted with a smile.

"You bet I do. I love nothing better than to educate people with fascinating history. Barcelona has a captivating history."

I asked her more about herself, as she lead the group past the replica of the aqueduct, and up the ramp that between the two roman towers.

We took the first left, and found ourselves at the entrance to Archdeacon's House, or Casa de l'Ardiaca. 

"The current House of l'Ardiaca was built in the 1400s by the Archdeacon Lluís Desplà, who converted the traditional 12th-century site of his residence into a Gothic palace. The palace is in the archdeacon's residence, so it sits just to the side of the Barcelona Cathedral's main portal," Y/n explained. "And if you prefer Roman history to Catholic medieval, the back wall of the palace uses the original Roman wall that forms the gateway into what had been imperial Barcelona, called Barcino by Romans."

"An actual Roman war?" Corbyn asked.

"Yeah. This one's legit," Y/n smiled.

She lead us inside. Despite the rush and bustle of the streets around, the inner patio was peaceful. The tile walk all along it was beautiful, and an elegant palm tree rose high above the fountain.

 The tile walk all along it was beautiful, and an elegant palm tree rose high above the fountain

"This is the setting for a very peculiar tradition," Y/n explained. "Every year, on the holy day of Corpus Christi, l'ou com balla or the dancing egg is held here, and in other locations too.  The tradition literally consists of an egg being placed on the fountain and dances there due to the water spout."

"You're kidding," Zach cut in.

"No, I'm not. They do it every year. Here's a photo if you don't believe me." Y/n pulled out her phone and showed us.