Spot the Dragons

Daniel's pov

To get to the plaza, we had to turn onto  a side street, and then go through a really aesthetic triple archway.

Immediately I understood why Y/n liked the plaza so much.

"See if you can find the dragons before I point them out," Y/n challenged me, before turning to the whole group to give a history lesson

"This type of square," she begun, "A big square, surrounded by 3 to 4-storey houses is quite typically Spanish. Plaça Reial -- aka Royal Plaza --- was designed by Francesc Daniel Molina I Casamajó, and built in 1848 on the remains of the Santa Madrona Capuchin monastery. It was originally intended to be inhabited by affluent families, but due to its popularity, it's no longer  exclusively for the higher class. Following a complete renovation of the square in 1982, it is more popular than ever, both day and night." She turned to me. "Have you found the dragons yet?"

"No," I admitted.

"What dragons?" Jack looked around. The others did too.

"They're hard to find, and like 90% of the tourists that come through here miss them. To be honest, they're missing out on the best bit of the plaza. This plaza is also home to some of Antoni Gaudi's earliest work. Have a close look at this lamppost, one of a set of lamps he designed for the Barcelona council. As I said before, these lamps are not the most famous of Gaudi's work and most people don't even notice them, so make sure you get a picture of this little Barcelona secret!"

We all crowded closer to the stunning lamppost. 

And then, I finally spotted the dragons

"Ooohhh, I see them," I smiled.

"Where?" Corbyn furrowed his eyebrows, and then his eyes opened wide. "Ahh, I see them."

The others eventually located them too, and I must admit, they were pretty cool.

We spent some time admiring the tiny dragons, and I could tell Y/n was really happy that we loved them as much as she did

In the centre of the plaza was a fountain. Y/n explained that it's known as the "Fountain of Three Graces", which refers to the statue of the three women. The women are said to be the daughters of Zeus; Euphrosyne, Aglaea, and Thalia, representing beauty, charm, and joy which I decided were three words that summed up this beautiful plaza quite well.

On the other side of the fountain from where we'd been standing, a group of musicians begun to play, and people started dancing.

"That's the Jamboree Jazz and Dance club," Y/n smiled. "On nice days they often bring musicians outside and have like a free dance class. As you can see, there are people who know what they're doing, then there are people who don't, and there are also a few teachers too!"

As the musicians kept playing, more and more people joined in. We moved closer to watch.

"Hey, Zach," Jack turned to his bandmate. "May I have this dance?" 

"Of course." Zach graciously took the hand Jack offered him, and then they begun to tango.

The rest of us started laughing.

"They really are clowns," Eben sighed, shaking her head.

I saw a wicked spark appear in Corbyn's eye.

"Hey, Eben," he grinned. "Wanna dance?"

"How dare you suggest I'd do such a thing?" Eben pretended to be offended. Then he grabbed Corbyn's hands, and they began to dance.

I glanced sideways at Y/n. She was watching the boys with a massive grin on her face.

Jonah nudged me.

"Why don't you ask her?" He whispered. "Go on! You know you want too!"

I thought about it for a moment, and then turned to Y/n.

"Would you like to dance?" I asked her shyly.

"Sure," She smiled.

I put one hand around her waist, and took her other hand, and we begun to dance. 

Caspary and Jonah stood and watched the rest of us dance until the end of the song. Then, we decided to keep going with the tour. 

"We're almost at the end of the tour," Y/n told us as she lead us back towards La Rambla. "But, before we go to the Columbus lookout I told you about, I was wondering if any of you are hungry."

"Yes I am," Zach replied without hesitation.

"Good," Y/n smiled. "I know a place, and I think you'll all love it..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyyyyyyy

Hope you enjoyed the part and like the little dragons as much as I do.

See you for the next part!