four || deben

・ 。

. ・ 。 . ・ ゜ ✫ ・ . ☽ . ・ ✫ ・ ゜ ・ 。 ・ .

warnings - barfight, mentions of violence.

i wrote this one around halloween last year on my archive of our own account (@ snugglyfranckewitz) and didn't end up publishing it on here. all caps bc i didn't want to edit. been a hard week, my uncle died, and then corey, and then some stuff has been happening to me personally....

thank you guys for being so patient with my writers block. requests are always accepted and wanted. maybe i can get myself out of this... whatever it is that i have? who knows, really. thanks for reading <3

. ・ 。 . ・ ゜ ✫ ・ . ☽ . ・ ✫ ・ ゜ ・ 。 ・ .

"Eben, for fucks sake. Why?"

Daniel paced the floor in front of the taller boy on the couch, who was currently cradling a bag of frozen peas to his left eye and cheek.

"Daniel, babe, you know how I get. He was calling you names, disrespecting you when he knew who I was. He knew who Jonah was! Of course, I was going to react the way I did." Eben replied, frowning at the warm salty tears that were rolling down his husbands' cheek.

Jonah had asked Eben and Daniel to a bar for the night while Tate, his loving girlfriend, was out with her old university friends. Daniel, of course, had politely declined due to the fact he wouldn't drink (sometimes being allergic to yeast sucked dick, and not in a good way), but Eben had decided to go, not wanting to leave the boy hanging. It was a good idea at the time; a chance for Daniel to catch up on some sleep and talking to his family, who were still living Daniel's hometown while he was living in LA, as well as doing a face-mask and just generally looking after himself properly, while Eben took some time out catching up with a mate he hadn't hung with for quite some time. It wasn't until the taller and older blond walked into the living room at two in the morning where Daniel was asleep contently with the new season of 'Stranger Things' playing as white noise, a black eye, bruised knuckles and a busted lip, including multiple scratches and marks where fists and nails had met creamy skin.

"You're really lucky that Jonah wasn't too drunk and had the sense to pull the two of you away when he did! You could have been killed, Eben! How do you think I would have coped with that, if one day my husband of barely three months got into a tragic bar fight and was suddenly gone? What a glorious way to go out, a bar fight! What if one day I had to start sleeping in a huge ass double bed all by myself, pillows and clothes slowly starting to lose the already faint scent of my husband!" Daniel sobbed, voice cracking like a teenage boy in multiple words as he spoke.

"Honey, you really need to try and calm d-"

"DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!" the brunet boy screamed high-pitched, Eben flinching at the loud nose. He remained quiet and looked down at his lap while his crying love buried his face into his hands and just sobbed into them. His heart broke with each upset noise that came from Daniels mouth, even while knowing that sometimes it was better to let the him say what he wanted, needed to and cry by himself for a bit.

A few minutes of this passed and the loud sobs finally turned into silent shakes of smaller shoulders. The taller male placed the make-shift ice-pack onto the leather lounge and slowly got up, as though not to disturb his upset husband, and wrapped his arms loosely around Daniel and sighing in relief when he didn't pull away. The smaller and skinnier boy clung to Eben like a koala bear, burying his face into his neck when he slid his hands down to the back of his thighs and picked him up swiftly and as tenderly as he could.

Eben walked himself and the submissive male up the stairs and kicked open the lightly, careful to not make too big of a noise to scare the man in his arms, closing it again with his hip once he was through. Daniel shifted a bit in his arms and sat up with a thigh on either side of the taller's torso when he laid him down to rest of his chest.

"Better?" He asked softly, watching the brunet boy nod and rub his eyes harshly while he ran his hands up and down his sides soothingly.

"Don't do that, my love, you'll irritate them," Eben frowned, pulling away the hands that belonged to the smaller male atop of his torso and instead replacing them with his own gentle, sweet hands, wiping away the tears that still pooled under his eyes with the pads of his thumbs.

"'m sorry. I know you were trying to protect my name. I'm just so, so scared of loosing you, and small reminders like this one really pull out of the floaty, almost not-there feeling I get when I'm with you and back down to earth, which made me remember that you could possibly go away at any min-minute," Daniel stuttered shakily.

The older could tell that his younger love was yet again on the verge of tears, so he pulled him back down onto his chest and rocked him gently, whispering sweet nothings into his ear until he gave Daniel small goosebumps all over his skin and he was calm enough for Eben to respond to his short monologue.

"Bubba, I'm so sorry that I reacted how I did and got hurt, but you should know by now how I over-react to everything – although I don't believe what I did was an over-reaction, he really deserved the beating I gave him. But even though he did, I should have considered your thoughts and feelings on what I was about to do, and how it would have effected your emotional state."

Daniel let out a shaky sigh. "It's okay. I forgive you, Eben, although I am using your money to buy something for Jonah as a thank-you for not letting you either kill or be killed." Eben laughed at his boy's response and wrapped his arms tighter around him.

"I'll try not to do it again, love," he whispered into Daniel's ear, making the younger male in his broad arms shiver a bit. "I'll try not to do it for you."

"I'd like that a lot."

Eben smiled at the sleepy voice that washed over his senses, giving him the sudden urge to protect the boy from everything at all costs. "Get some sleep, my lovely. You've had a big day."

Daniel just hummed in response, already half way into a deep slumber, lulled further by the roughness of his husbands' voice, as well as the rough hands that slid up his tee and rubbed small circles into his spine, up and down, and the steady rhythm of Eben's heartbeat under his ear.

"You need to put an ice-pack back onto to your cheek or you'll look even uglier than you normally do," Daniel mumbled in a half-assed attempt of an insult into the thick red hoodie that encased his lover's torso before falling asleep. Eben laughed as his heart swelled with pure love for the boy on top of him.

"I love you, beautiful boy," he whispered, slowly drifting off into his own sleep, dead to the world while images of Daniel and him and future kids swirled around his head.

. ・ 。 . ・ ゜ ✫ ・ . ☽ . ・ ✫ ・ ゜ ・ 。 ・ .

one-thousand three-hundred and forty words

. ・ 。 . ・ ゜ ✫ ・ . ☽ . ・ ✫ ・ ゜ ・ 。 ・ .