Part 5: Offer Of Growth

My heart dropped like an anchor as cold sweat began to build up on my palms.

There's no way I could fight someone like Hisoka this early!

I took a deep breathe before calming myself down, both with the help of Gamer's mind and just plain rational thinking.

I sighed before chuckling to myself slightly.

Why am I so scared right now? This obviously has to be some sort of mistake... Yeah, it's a mistake, a mistake. Of course.

5 Minutes Later...

It was most definitely not a mistake.

Sweat dropped down from my head like bullets as I stood face to face in the ring with a certain tall man with pink hair.

He had a bored expression on his face
as he fidgeted and twiddled with a playing card, not even bothering to make eye contact.

Crap! He's bored. He doesn't even think of me as even a minor threat.
What do I do?! His murderous aura is leaking out everywhere!
Ok, Think, calm down. First things first, Observe

Name: Hisoka Morrow

REP: -10

LV: ??

HP: ?

Title: The Magician

Status: Uninterested, Bloodthirsty

VIT: ?

STR:?

AGI:??

INT: ???

PWR: ?

LUC: 333

His level is too high for me to see?! Not to mention that despite all of my training I can't even see any of his stats!
As it stands currently, I have zero chance of beating this guy, I guess maybe I could try talking to him, though I doubt that's going to work.
Whatever. That's my only option.

I cleared my throat before looking Hisoka in the eye and spoke.
"So, what's someone as strong as you doing here?" I said confidently

He perked an eyebrow up at me, before letting out a slight grin

"I mean, you're probably miles stronger than anybody in this building." I continued, inflating his ego slightly.

His smile widened and his gaze met mine, sending slight shivers down my spine.

"Interesting...and what gives you that idea?" He replied softly, in a smooth yet chilling voice.

"Well, I can tell just from looking at you, it's clear that you're a natural born killer, you obviously don't belong in a place like this." I replied.

Hisoka, narrowed his eyes at me, "Very well, I'm here only to wait for someone."
"Someone very special..." He said in an almost aroused voice, his pupils curling to the top of his eye sockets as he licked his lips.

What a creep...

"Someone special?" I asked, playing along.
"Who might that be?"

He aimed a cold gaze at me, killer intent leaking from his body, "Well, that would be saying too much wouldn't it?"

With that, the referee stepped in between us and spoke, "I assume both fighters are ready?"

Hisoka nodded his head with a smile and I reluctantly followed suit

Well shit, seems like I can't get through to him with words, I guess my fists'll have to do the talking.

I got into my fighting stance as two prompts showed up: