Part Two: The Elite

"Oh, perfect!" The photographer adjusts the elite into another erotic pose. Each one of us present different gowns, with different color schemes.
For instance I'm wearing a short ruffled up dress with long white sleeves and a purple belt, indicating me at the back of the group of girls since I'm part of the rainbow photoshoot.
"Purple Delilah, dear, I need your true purple dark color. You need to show not that same simple kindergarden smile, but vagueness and culture!" I wipe my simple cheesing smile as I drop my shoulder complainingly, as I look at the others.
Everyone else seems to be having no problem with their beginning and middle rainbow colors showing the colors "True Spirit."
"Ruvel, I have no idea what I'm doing!" I complain, dropping pose to insult his teaching skills as the elite drops theirs to, to take a break.
His high pitch voice is interrupted with a crude tone as he slings back his plaid scarf to prepare to insult me, but as if right on cue Augustus pushes threw the doors of the sitting room which was has been wiped out for the photo shoot.
All the girls whip their heads around to see him force his way threw the empty sector of the room, "I have a meeting in an hour, and I promised my time to this worthy being!"
He ignores all the unnecessary screams of hope from the other girls, and dashes forward towards me and pulls me away from Ruvel as screams of now disappointment and order flood around:
"You can't do that!"
"We aren't finished with our photoshoot!"
And Cornelia bids, "Plus, the floors aren't finished being waxed!"
But despite all of the haters, he pulled threw on his promise of a date today and dragged me threw the sitting room doors and into the waxed floor halls.
I quickly unleashed my heels from my feet and wrapped them on my wrists to prepare our journey.
He gripped my side as we tried to slide down the halls which nearly cause our deaths.
"Hey!" A guard ran around the corner, forcing hisself to catch us but fell miserably on his back. He raise his fist violently as he shook it,
"You can't run down these halls!"
I turned back, laughing historically as Augustus feuded back,
"Actually I can, I'm the prince!"
It was his little ticket to no where, as we rounded the corner to catch our breath.
"Do you even know where we're going?" I question as we round several corners, and slide down several corridors.
"I think- yeah, yeah I know where we are!" He stops me (which was a hectic halt), and places his hand on the glass knob.
"Now, this place" he begins to warn,
"is confidential. I'm not even positive my dad knows I know about this, but it's pretty awesome."
He opens the door, and leads me up some dark stairs.
"Gus, is this another one of your stupid pranks?"
He turns his head and even in the shadows, I can see the offensive toll I took on him.
"My pranks are not stupid, besides I've found the lock."
Then he shoves the door up, and a glowing ray of light appears blinding me. The little polluted particles in the air float about, as I push myself out of the palace and out onto the rooftop.
Instead of the poverty and wasteland I expected, it's an amazing homemade garden.
There's a huge green house in the center, and like a table setting, dozens of vase contained bushes and plants are placed around it.
"Oh Gus, it's beautiful!"
He laughs at my curiosity to search the rooftop, as he explains.
"Over 3 generations ago, a maid snuck up to the roof. She had a strange passion for plants, and healthy herbs. After all, her husband was the gardener of the grounds. Anyways, she built this place off of all the coins she had spared working here. She was honored so well, that my grandfather, King Maxon, rewarded her head over the gardening staff where she was bumped up a caste or two, and was paid weekly. I guess you can say she got out of life easily."
I stand in awe over his story, as we find a concrete bench next to the perimeter of the roof.
"So," I say, rocking on my heels as he sits. Suspiciously he questions me, "So?"
"So..."
"So?"
"Sooooooo...are you ready for Christmas?"
I sound like a kid at Christmas the way I jump forward, and sit next to him eagerly.
He laughs at the subject change, and turns his torso towards mine.
"Yes, Del, I'm ready."
I jump at a pace.
"Well, what are we doing? I mean, like, what is the palace doing?"
He just rolls his eyes like it's simply nothing at all,
"Well there's a Christmas Ball that we have. It's a masquerade ball this year. Why, is miss non-sensitive getting Christmas spirit?"
I shake my head,
"No, I'm just simply jolly for the holidays. Besides, it isn't like it'll be spent with my family."
He gives me a questioning look, and them nods understanding my words like an absorbing sponge.
"You know that would be a great idea! All of the families coming to spend the holidays with us! Let's do that, I think mom would approve and it'll be a great time to meet your whole family!"
I smile at how excited he gets, and how light his feelings rise.
"So, when's the ball?"
He grins. "Next Tuesday."
The look of spirit rises at the thought. In not even a week, my aunt and father will be here fending off this amazing experience with me.
-
-
A/N
Part 2 is officially up!
I really hope you enjoy it, because Christmas is coming folks!
-
QOTC (Question of the Chapter):
Favorite Actor and Actress?
-
AOTC:
Iron Man Actor (RDJ) and Jennifer Lawrence.
-
Vote & Comment your thoughts!💕👋