Chapter 44

The next morning, the fact of Queen Hero's unborn child took a major toll on the palace. People greeted others with more enthusiasm, and the way we laughed was higher pitched. The palace was in a lighter environment.

"Name a letter." Of course my curiosity was strong, but I held it back answering.

"I'd like to buy a vowel, and say O."
Tinsley giggles, pinning up my now long bangs and pulling up my hair in general.

"Well if I'm correct, O is the first letter of the color orange?"
I nod impatiently, ready to see my morning dress.

"Okay, that means orange dress for today." I hear Patsy mumble, racking threw the long closet of mine, and eventually I hear the clink of metal and the dress stands before me.

It's short and has the texture of spandex. Honestly, it looks like a tennis dress, but most of these girls don't even know what tennis is. When I step into it, it isn't as stretchy as I picture as it hugs me in the all the right spots. It's a bright orange with long thin stripes along my sides. Though the white heels, and the luxurious jewelry brought the high extent of elegance back to the outfit. My makeup was done lightly and peachy, so when I received a knock at my door I was more than ready.

"Come on in!"
I was expecting to see Gus or a guard, but instead I see Charleston. She's smiling, truly and broadly grinning ear to ear. Her outfit mocks her happy attitude, a short fluffy blue dress with dozens of diamonds and sequins sewn into the work of art.

"Delilah, forgive my unwitting use of language, but you look hot." She says, laughing with every heel clicking step.
"I've been told before." I kid as she escorts me out of the room, and threw the flood of elite.

The food lingers in the air, as I adjust my attention to the doorway of the dining room.
Camera men swerve in and out, one nearly knocking the fire out of Charleston's rare hair color.
"Rude." I whisper as we make our way to our seats in the dining room, after curtsying to the royals.

All the shades are open, allowing the luminous light to grace upon the room in a light manner.
Not only is that the only thing about the dining room that's different- the people in it have changed also.
As I look past Arena's loose black curls, I see the royal family. They don't appear stressed out from work, or bags under their eyes from their lack of sleep. The royals looked sincerely happy.

Hero, for example, is grinning so wide and whitely, that you'd think she just got awarded millions of dollars. Though of course to her, and to anyone, a child is worth more. Her big ball gown isn't baggy or fluffed, but tight around her torso showing off the belly that'll soon grow to be a foot in width. She's happy. She's generally happy to bring new life, a night light, a new royal into this world and I'm honestly so happy for her. Threw the selection, I've grown to know her much more than a queen. Hero is a girl with a hurtful past and a promising future. I'm just personally proud that I achieved to be on a regularly first name basis, and too have spent the night with this amazing masterpiece of a woman.

King Everette's a different story. He's extremely giddy, flagging down the camera men to ask if they knew. Poor thing just wanted to brag about it to everyone that he, King Everette Schreave, was going to be a father once again.

Princess Aria just sat down beside Prince Marsh, lacing their fingers together and staring at her parents who looked so head over hills for each other it was astonishing. She kept laughing at their silly cute comments to each other, after playfully making disgusted faces to Augustus, and then going back to having a conversation with Prince Marsh and feeding baby Alexandrea.

Augustus...he was thrilled. He kept looking over to Hero, grinning broadly. I know he's protective over his family. He loves Aria, and Alexandrea who've always had Everette's major attention, but Gus was the mommy's boy. The way he hugged her and appreciated her with so much respect and concern. He would make an amazing father...to whoever he decides to marry...of course.