Chapter 43

Fame is such a contagious thing to catch, and the most obnoxious when you want it to leave. Such as being a selected. It has it's perks. I get royal treatment, respect, and enough attention to fill in those craved spots from when I grew up. Though, there's no privacy. Of course, lately in the palace it hasn't been that bad. Your chorused every Friday night on The Report and have magazines itching for news about you. Other than that, it's fine. Though rumor has it camera crews will be flooding the palace for the next week in a half to watch us prepare for the Royal Arrivals. Stupid if you ask me, but maybe people are actually interested in that kind of crap.

"We have the best dress for tonight, Delilah!" Wanda echoes threw my suite as Patsy scrubs me down in oils and soaps.

"Oh really? Let me peak!"

I hear her laugh even from the shut bathroom door. "No Delilah! We have told you several times, it'll be a surprise!"

It surely was a surprise too. Later around two hours after our small portioned dinner- due to all the girls scared to death they'll look bloated- we was sent to the Woman's Room where all of the stations were set, and dresses were hung.

My maids gathered around my station, number 8, and prepped me so I look the best I've looked so far.
My hair is up in a blonde bun with falling ringlets.

Have you ever saw a living evergreen tree? The way their rooted into the fresh earth with the bristling breeze compressing against the pine? That's what my dress looks like.

It's an amazing fresh color of green that makes me want to run in the woods like an untamed gazelle. The sleeves fall off my shoulders into long skinny sleeves, stretching out to my wrists. Then the rough fabric of my torso ends right at my belly button, breaking into a humongous ruffled gown with green petal like ruffles. My make up is down in dark brown and tan natural tones, making me feel like a beautiful naturists- almost like Arena.

"Now, ladies. If you'll please direct yourself to the Report room, the show starts in five."

***

Our seats have upgraded from the cushioned set of bleachers, to a nice row of thrones of the opposite side of the royals.

"Now folks, you know the dos and don'ts from our very own Sierra Waters!"

All the families sit behind the camera crew in rows of seats, watching a more clear version of The Report on a television set just for them.

"So, Cornelia. Your the lady who instructs these young potential brides?"
Cornelia, who was brung from the crew, stepped forward with all of the mics and clipboards removed.
"Yes, Gavril. Since the very beginning, I've instructed the 35, and now were already down to 8! It's hard to believe, but they've already became ladies. Almost like my etiquette is no longer needed." She weakly smiles, crossing her legs.
"That's so sweet of you. Now tell us. What are the remaining girls working on now?"
Cornelia nods, and purses her lips.
"Their now working on a project to help them contact their inner queen. Their split into four groups, doing hard research and working with responsibility, to create the arrival parties for many foreign royals. Royals from Ireland, all the way to New Asia will be joining us!"
Gavril smiles broadly, his botox working it's magic making him appear 20 years younger.
"That's just great, Cornelia! Will be catching an insight on these amazing parties?"
"Yes, you will! Cameras will be around the palace for the next two week to catch all these young girls hard work an dedication to their arrivals. Then after a days work, they get a break, and then they begin another project that will be shown on next weeks episode of The Report, am I correct?"
"You are correct, Cornelia! It was great having you!"
The camera leaves Cornelia as she walks off set, and focuses on Gavril.
"Sources tell me we have around two minutes left, so we know what that means. The surprise of the hour, everyone welcome Queen Hero!"
I can hear the applause around the small nation of ours, as she steps forward and has a seat beside Gavril.
"So, Queen Hero...how long have you been keeping this secret?"
She grins.
"Around two weeks."
"Now, I'm pretty sure all of us are itching to know...what is this secret?"

She pauses.
Illéa pauses.
My pulse even pauses to hear her exciting news.

"Baby number four is on the way, Illéa!"
-
-
A/N
HERO IS PREGOOOO!
For more insight on this, read Toribella99 story "The Chosen" and "The Chosen *Christmas Special*"
-
QOTC: What do you want the baby to be?
-
Remember to Vote & Comment!