expensive mistakes

we gathered into chris's car and buckled carefully to keep our outfits nice. "ready to go?" emma and i nodded. the ignition started. the wheels turned. and we were off.
———————————————-

the car ride was a short and simple one through our darkened little town. well, the town wasn't actually little. it spread on one side to a high way that could take you anywhere and on the other side was where all the big stores were . it kind of looked like a little town just without houses.

we passed our school where the bright information board was lit up saying that the dance was tonight. the capacity and fire limit for the place wasn't a high number so they sold limited tickets. i think it's sad the whole school can't go sometimes but they have next year... i mean unless you're a senior.

after passing another two blocks we pulled into the banquet halls parking lot. chris dropped emma and i off. "i'm gonna park. go see who you can find and i'll be there soon!" chris explained.

we nodded and took our steps in through the front door. there was a little check in counter where you would turn in your ticket and get your named
checked off and so we did so before heading back into the large room.

i took emmas hand before entering to make it seem normal and we took our first steps inside, the bass boosting of the music shaking the floor and our ears more and more as we slowly got closer. and then we arrived.

"woah." emma was the first to speak and express her awe. all the bright lights and disco ball shines mixed to make the room purple. in one corner a photo booth, at the front a dj, to the side where the food would soon be, and of course a bunch of screaming high school stupidities.

we were so stuck in admiring the scene that we almost missed someone yelling "hannie! emma!" and approaching us. two figures ran up to us, although one of them was being dragged.

"lix! changbin!" emma let my hand go and ran up to felix first, giving him a cute little hug and than giving a hard ass high five to changbin. "you guys look great!" she complimented.

"are you kidding? you should see yourself! " felix fought back. "yea! i really like that color on you." bin added. emma was easily flattered but managed to whisper a thank you before getting shy and returning to my side.

"you too, ji! i like the fit you got going on." changbin complimented. "thanks, bud. i think you guys look super handsome too. " they were pretty much twinning. each had button up shirts , black pants, and nice shoes. the only difference was felix had a white shirt and black bow tie and changbin was vice versa, with a black top and white bow tie.

"is anyone else here yet?" i asked. i was rather nervous to ask that question too... if hyunjin was here my heart would start racing, and if minho was here my heart would... start racing.

"i swear i saw minho over by the photo booth. as for hyunjin i haven't heard from him. oh! wheres chris?" felix explained , ending with a pretty good question.

"parking the car. should be here any minute." emma informed the two boys. they nodded . "it was good running into you though! we're gonna go grab a table before everyone else takes them." changbin stated.

we wished them farewell and went back to it just being emma and i. "hey, ji." my attention was grabbed. "let's go find , minho. shall we?" she smiled, knowing it would hopefully make me happy.

i smiled and nodded before taking her tiny hand once again. you know, her and felix have the same sized hand. and like, it's really tiny. compared to my hand which is kind of massive, hers was like a baby.

the dj wasn't that bad either, and he was kind of ironic. blasting "expensive mistakes" by fall out boy made the situation seem more suspenseful and the title in general just scared me. cause trust me was i gambling with some pretty expensive mistakes here.

my eyes spotted minho easily in the crowd. he was handsomely dressed, leading to a slight blush against my cheeks that black lights easily hid. he was saying bye to some other friends after taking pictures and was rather excited to see me.

those eyes he had in his head that always lit up at a sight he adored had lit up. but the sparkles weren't white, they were colorful due to the lasers and hanging disco balls. "jisung..." he whispered as i came into view.

"you uh... " he snapped out of it noticing emma was near by. "you look great." i watched his eyes look up and down my body to take in a view of my outfit for the night. i did the same to him.

a pale purple dress shirt with suspenders on either side that were the same purple but a bit darker. his pants were like a faint grey and brown tone. a rather different aesthetic for the night other than everyone's typical black and white outfits. that included myself.

"you too do. i love it." i replied.

"hey i'll leave you guys to it, chris is back so i'm gonna check in with him." emma said. she hugged minho and i before leaving.

"heh... girls." i giggled a bit. "but how are you doing minho?" i asked.
"i'm alright. doing pretty good actually. i feel pretty confident in this outfit so it was a good choice. i'm just thirsty from hanging out with my friends from dance . wanna hit the snacks?" he explained.

boy was i hungry. and the food was fresh out and hot , you could smell it. "oh! i wanna say hi to chris to. think we could find out where they went?" minho asked stopping me in my tracks for a minute.

"yea of course." i replied to him. our search began. we checked the tables, the photo booth, the dance floor twice, and other locations including the men's room. no sign of chris or emma.

we ran into kat though. she was with her friends, and like half of their names ended with a "ee" sound so like- i couldn't tell who was who. "kat have you seen emma?" i asked. her outfit was a simple one too. a blue silk dress to her knees and a blazer like my own as she was insecure of how thin the straps were.

"uh no. did you check by the food?" she suggested.

"we were about to. just wanted to see if she was with you. thanks." i replied to her. ironically we headed to the last spot which was furthest from where we began.

minho and i headed to the long tables of catering and root beer pitchers. our eyes looked through the crowd to make our way and look for the siblings once again. no where to be seen.

we did run into another face though.
"hey it's hyunjin!" minho called to me. "let's ask him." minho was so innocent right now. not knowing the fear i had of interacting with the tall boy. i was shaking almost.

"hey hyunjin! i see the suit fits." minho commented as he ran up to hyunjin, pulling me along.
"oh hey minho. yea... thanks." his gaze turned to see me and he just stared for a minute before sipping a drink and turning away.

"hey you didn't happen to see emma and chris anywhere did you?" minho asked while adjusting his suspenders.

hyunjin took a final sip before placing his cup down for good. it was empty though, so i didn't worry about drugs or anything. he stood from his leaning against the catering table and fixed his shirt. i felt my self race faster.

"follow me." hyunjin ordered.