Chapter 1🥀~Goodbye Ny, Hello Cali

Oakland, California
August 16th

Goodbye New York, Hello California

Onika's dreams and goals were finally coming true. Attending 4 years of college to become a teacher, she was now in her third year of teaching and lastly she was able to move out of NY and live in her dream state. California was a place Onika had always wanted to visit and even start a new life there. She loved New York, but that wasn't really a place she wanted to live for the rest of her life.

Onika is the type to travel and visit new places, learn about new things and just explore around. She hated being in one place and live a boring lifestyle. Now that she's older, she's able to live and do whatever she wanted which was pure satisfaction to her.

Although, she will dearly miss her home, New York, it was really time for her to start a new living. She'll be turning 24 in a few months and wanted to live her life however she wanted, life is too short to be living the same, boring lifestyle.

She's definitely going to miss her mother, siblings, friends and the rest of her family but she was ready to meet new people in her life. She already knew a few people down in Cali, who were teachers as well. Everyone in Cali seemed a little more nicer than everybody in NY. In NY, everybody just seemed so angry all the time, that was one reason why she hated NY.

With her cheerful and bubbly personality, New York wasn't a place Nicki felt comfortable in. Everybody was either rude or angry, which gave off a negative vibe. There are parts that are a little friendlier but..... Nicki just felt like it was time for her to leave. She will always love that state though since that was her hometown, the place she was raised and grew up in.

With her loving people, mostly children and younger adults, she'd decided to become a teacher. It was something about her and kids getting along just fine. She enjoyed everything about them and loved their company. Her first year of teaching, she taught 3rd graders but after sometime she began considering on teaching high schoolers.

With them being a little more matured, Nicki thought why not and decided to begin her teaching career with high schoolers in Cali. She went from teaching 3rd graders in her first year, 8th graders in her second and now ready to teach 12th graders in her third year!

She was not expecting herself to teach seniors, she was actually looking forward to teach freshmen but the position to teach 12th graders was more available so she took that opportunity and wanted to see if she could succeed working with matured students that were about to go to college.

She didn't mind teaching seniors at all. She actually thought it would be fun. She was going to be able to talk about college with them, talk about how life would be after high school and college, hear about her students future careers, watch them go to prom and even attend their prom herself, and most importantly watch them walk across that stage and see them graduate.

All of that doesn't sound bad at all. She was extremely excited to start teaching when September hits. Ready to meet new students and show off her fun teaching skills. One thing Nicki knew was that she was not going to be a boring teacher. She was going to be as creative as she can and have fun lessons for her students. Happy students equals a happy teacher and a happy teacher equals happy students.

Nicki was not able to do anything this summer since she spent most of her time moving and packing. She was hoping California was a place she was going to stay in for a while because moving was the tiring and stressful thing she's done in her life. She was not planning on moving anywhere else once she gets settled into Cali.

She was already loving her new place so far. Her house was beautiful and spacious, neighbors were extremely nice and welcoming, the weather was extremely hot but that was something she was going to get used to.

Still not believing this was her new life, a smile appeared on her face as she finally sat back down her comfy couch. "Time to start a new life," Nicki thought in her head as she looked through a magazines.

She wondered what California was going to have stored up for her......

MY NEW SHORT STORY!! WOOHOO!

SINCE THIS IS GOING TO BE A SHORT STORY, MY CHAPTERS WOULD MOST LIKELY BE SHORT SO THAT I COULD QUICKLY UPDATE FOR YALL.

YES, I KNOW THIS CHAPTER WAS REALLY BORING BUT IT WAS KINDA LIKE A INTRODUCTION OF NICKI'S LIFE. I PROMISE THE CHAPTERSMWOULD GET BETTER!

IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR FUTURE CHAPTERS?