Aathangara Marame, Arasamara Elaye! -KMFF OS

*This story is based on the tamil serial Pandian Stores being aired on Star Vijay. I am a huge fan of Kathir and Mullai from the show and wanted to write one story in this song series for them.
Thanks for the push thamizh_ponnu 😊 
This OS is dedicated to you😊
The timeline of this story is somewhere after Episode 142 when Mullai gives Kathir chocolates after Moorthy praises him; Kathir and Mullai are now in talking terms, but they are in the Tom and Jerry mode!*
*************************************************

Kathir was done for the day, he was sitting on the floor in their room against the wall, listening to songs in his antique button phone.
(Author's comment: God knows the model and memory capacity of that phone! It seems to hold a lot of songs than one can expect it to hold; seriously!! He seems to listen to songs from 1950-2015!! Wonder how!!)

He knows he is waiting for Mullai to turn up after finishing her chores, but his Gethu-self doesnt want to admit it. So here he is, scrolling through his song list for choosing the perfect song of the day.
"Ah, indha paata ketu embuttu naal aachu, idha kepom!"

🎼🎼🎼
"Aathangara Marame, Arasamara elaye
Aalamara Kilaye, Adhilurangum Kiliye
Odakara Ozhavu Kaathula Oruthi- Yaaru iva
vedichu nikkura Paruthi- Thaavi vandhu sandayidum andha mogama?
Dhavaniku vandhadhoru nandhavanama..."
🎼🎼🎼

"Mkmm... thaavi vandhu sandaiyidum andha mogam dhaan... inumum thaavi vandhu sanda potukitu dhaan kedaku!
Nandhavanam laam illa.. orey oru poo dhaan.. Mullai ..ila illa Rombaaa thollai!!
Iru..
Naama epo paatu variyalaam padichu artham laam kandupidika aaramichom.. Dei Kathiru, idhu seri illa! Paata mattum kelu!"

He was swaying his head with his eyes closed, fully into the interlude music that he didnt realize he was making sounds with his mouth and gestures with his hand like a music conductor

🎼🎼🎼
"Pam pa pa pa parapapa parapapa paah paah pah pah.. *1 second pause*
Dhavani penne sugamdhaana.."
🎼🎼🎼

"Hehehehe" he hears her giggles and opens his eyes wide to see Mullai standing in front of him wiping her wet hands with her Pallu.

"Hey, enna? Inga enna joke aa solraagha?! Enathuku ipo sirikara?",He pauses the song.

"Illa, neenga paadinadhu kuda ok, aana andha vaailaye vaathiyam vaasicheegale, adhukudhaan siripu vandhudhu" she casually teases him with a side smile without looking at him

"Hey, enna vitta overa sirikara.. light off pannava? Naa thoonganum!" he didnt know how else to end her taunting remarks.

"Ungala yaaru thoongavenaam nu kaiya pidichu thaduthaaha? Thoongavendi dhaana?!" she asks with one eyebrow up.

"Nee vandhaprom thoongalam nu okandhen paaru, ena sollanum! Vaai overaa neeludhu, peh, poi padu peh. Nadu room la iruttula aprom karagaatam aadikitu kedapa" he hissed back and stood up to perform his Paai-Thalagani-sombu routine: the exclusive screening that only Mullai gets to witness every night!

He lies down on the paai as Mullai settles down on the cot; he rewinds the song as Mullai had disturbed earlier and starts replaying it from the humming in the first interlude.

🎼🎼🎼
"Maamane unna kaanama... "
🎼🎼🎼

Mullai suddenly feels a surge of anger and glares at him
"Yenga, andha paata maathareeyala?"

"Yei, enna? Unaku pazhaya paatulaam vechaa dhana pudikadhu? Indha paatuku enna korachal!AR Rahman paatu, idhu poi unaku pidikaadha?Yedho solvaangale, karpoora vaasanai theriyaadhu nu... cha"

"Off panureeyala please!" she yells and lies down swiftly facing the wall in anger.

He doesnt pay heed to her and continues listening to the song:
🎼🎼🎼
"Kaakam dhaan kathi ponalum
Kadhavu dhaan satham potaalum
Ommoham paaka odi vandhene
Othayil odakkarayoram kathiye omper sonene
Othayil odum rayiloram kathiye omper sonene
Andharayil dhooram ponadhu neram aanadhum kanneee vittene
Muthu mama enna vitu pogadhe.."
🎼🎼🎼

It just hit him like a bag of rocks.. was this the song she used to sing when she.... Oh god! Did he just remind her of her past?
"Nalla vela da paatu vari ketu artham kandupidikra pazhakkatha nee inum vidala!!" He felt horrible and just wanted to vanish into thin air. He couldnt believe that he hurt her so much with his adamance of listening to this one song.

He can hear her sniffling on the other side while she lied down with her pillow pressed on her ears! He somehow wanted to make her alright;
He hits his forehead and frantically starts scrolling his songlist, and then gets  a light bulb on top of his head!!

He chooses the perfect song and keeps looking up at the cot, as much as his eyes can reach, biting his non-existant nails,hoping for some reaction:

🎼🎼🎼
"Oru naal sirithen maru naal veruthen
Unai naan kollamal kondru pudhaithene.."
and he sings along  "Mannipaayaaaaa.. mannipaaayaaa..."
🎼🎼🎼

Mullai, who had been tearing up until then fell silent all of a sudden.
It was as if she was an incomplete madlibs and he filled the perfect words that were her unspoken feelings.
She didnt expect this from her fighter cock of a husband; She felt exactly like how the musical scale changed in that song- she immeadiately wipes her tears and smiles to herself without turning to his side. She didnt want to give in so easily but she was very happy that he was considerate.

Kathir, who was hoping for the slightest change in her,notices that the sniffling has stopped and also sees her toes swaying to the mild beats; his heart unbeknownst to him,skips along with it and his mouth curves into an involuntary smile as music fills the air .

They both fall asleep somewhere when the night sky put the milky moon to rest,while SPB sang:
🎼🎼🎼
"Nilavinai nambi iravugal illai
Vilakkugal kaatum velichathin ellai
Oru vaasal moodi, maruvaasal vaipaan iraivan..."
🎼🎼🎼

and the phone battery died along with the music.

THE END