Yaaridamum thondravillai idhu pol -KMFF OS

Author's note:
Me and MysticalWanders_ decided to do something fun. We both have this series where we write OS based on songs and our common interest is KM.
So we decided to choose one song and write our own KM stories for the same.
The song chosen is "Yaaridamum thondravillai idhu pol" from the movie "Thotti Jaya".
Here goes my creation for the song tag :)
Makkale, go check her OS out as well :)
——————————————————————————-
There was a beautiful earthy fragrance in the air; it added a huge character to an otherwise average looking town of Kunnakudi. The sky decided to throw an unannounced party and herself decked up in the poofy cloudy white gown; It had just started to drizzle.

"June maasathula mazhai varum nu eva kandaa?! Oru ponnu ethana saamana thookikitu nadaka vendi iruku! Idhula kodai-yum thookitu varnum polaye inime!!", Mullai was panting up and down as if she was training for a marathon.

The Friday had actually started off bright and sunny; she woke up after a lovely dream; Her neighbor's cute puppy Mani, who always barks at her, came up to her with excitement and licked her face with love. "Kandipa kanavula dhaan nadakkum" she told herself as she went on to get ready with a wide smile.

Every Friday she made sure she went to Pandian Stores with a lame reason of buying lamp wicks(velakku thiri) for temple visit; well, the actual reason for the visit was to ogle at Jeeva,get to know his heart, find out if he liked her too; but it always ends up as a banter-session with Kathir since Jeeva acts as if she is invisible to him.

She had never wondered much about Jeeva's indifference much because she had always been way too involved in the arguements with Kathir. Kumaresan mama always played the referee in those screaming matches while Moorthy ends up becoming the peacemaker. Mullai had always left the stores with chocolates,biscuits and ofcourse a pack of lamp-wicks, which she,by now, has a collection enough to keep lamps all around Kunnakudi and light them up!

Today, she had gotten dressed in a yellow and green pavadai thaavani "Un mamanuku manja color thaan pidikum" she remembered the remarks from Kumaresan mama! "Mama naa Jeeva Mama va dhaan solirupaaru! Iniku kadaiku poi mama minaadi manjal thaavani la ninnu asatharom!" she gave her mirror image a motivational talk!

And now, all that talk and motivation was for what?! To get drenched in this sudden rain even before her Jeeva mama can admire her?! Her spirits got dampened along with everything else. She wanted to save at least some of her dress-up from this rain and rushed to the nearest abandoned shopfront before the drizzles got heavier. It wasn't comfortable, the floor had a lot of stamped beedis and broken liquor bottles. She continued to curse herself, with a slight fear this time, for choosing this shelter "Muruga, edhaya panni ena kaapathu".

Back in PS, things weren't alright for Kathir; he knew he is looking for something but wasn't able to put a pin on what he had lost.
"Mama! Inniku enna kezhama?" he was scratching his beard absent-mindedly.
"Velli kezhama da, en dhoraiki ena kezhamaya irundha ennavam"
"Haan, ungaluku ponnu paaka polaam nu dhaan.. en mama neenga vera!" he retorted while his eyes were staring at the clock.
"Yelai! indha nakkal dhaana venaamgradhu! En da kutti pota poona mari suthikitu irukka?!...naanum paathutu thaan da irken, un mogatha paatha enamo theevirama thedara madhiri iruku.. sonna nanum udhavi panven la?!" Kumaresan mama was not going to let it go easily.
"Adhu... iniku  mu.. mundhiriparupu stock vandhurkanum inneram..adhaan inum varalayennu kaathukitu iruken" he replied with a poker face and walked into the storeroom without any further explanation.

"Mama.. naa poi oru juice kudichutu varen." he reappeared wearing his checked shirt.
"En da, mazhai varaapla thoorikitu kedaku.. juice kudikara neramaa da idhu?"
"Ahnn.. ponga mama! tea kudichutu varen nu nethi sonapo tea kudikara nerama idhu nu soneenga.. adhan iniku maathi sonen! Seri, mazhai varumpodhu tea kudichaa summa APDI irukum..naa tea kudichutu varennnnnn" he just pinched his mama and walked out feeling his shirt pocket,taking his tvs50 key.