Planting a Garden For 'Vine'

"DIE!": Dialogue

'SMASH!': Inner thoughts

Disclaimer: I do not own 'My Hero Academia' or it's characters. They are both the property of Kohei Horikoshi.

(X)

It is the middle of Spring. A season of rebirth as the Earth's flora is able to grow once again with all the snow from Winter melted away. Although the planet's vegetation is capable reaching full bloom on their own, there are people that take the time to tend the needs of these plants. To help them mature and show off their true beauty. Ibara Shiozaki, a girl of average height with green eyes and matching green vines for her hair, is one of these people. Using her spare time not spent in class or training to volunteer at a greenhouse not too far from U.A.

Right now she is tending to a row of flowers, a water pail in her hands and a satisfied smile on her face. 'Drink up little ones, our Lord wishes for you to flourish.' Ibara looks at the watch on her wrist before looking around with a frown. "Where is he?" She mutters out loud. "He's usually much more punctual--"

The door to the greenhouse slams open as the person she was expecting barges in. The man in question is Katsuki Bakugou, carrying several large bags of compost in his arms. "HEY JUNGLE HAIR! WHERE THE HELL SHOULD I PUT THIS CRAP?!" Instead of answering him, Ibara looks at him with dissapointment. "What?! If you're pissed that I'm late then you try carrying bags of shit across three blocks!" 

"I've already done that before Katsuki but your truancy is not what upsets me." She points at him with her pail. "It's your cursed tongue. Even now, you still speak like a demon."

"Are you kidding me?! I'm literally  carrying crap!" He hefts the bags in his arms slightly for emphasis.

"Once again dear, you are talking about manure. That is compost." She corrects him while shaking her head like she's a disappointed parent. "And even if that was the case, it is unnecessary to use such vulgar descriptions."

"WHATEVER!" His face starts to flush. A combination of the strain of carrying the bags, his growing frustration, and his embarrassment from hearing Ibara's pet name for him. "JUST TELL ME WHERE TO DUMP THIS STUFF!"

Ibara sighs and motions to a wheelbarrow next to him. "Right there." He eagerly drops the bags, uncaring of the eco-friendly soil that manages to spill out from the small tears in the bags. When he's about to grab onto the handles, his wrists are suddenly wrapped up and restrained by vines. "Take a moment to rest dear. I know how strenuous carrying those bags are so I won't force you  to continue pushing yourself." 

Katsuki grumbles to himself as she let's go of his wrists and grab's onto the cart with her vines, easily lifting it into the air and over to her. "Fine." He walks over to her, watching as she uses her Quirk to set down the barrow and open a bag of compost while continuing to water her flowers. 'Her hair definitely kicks ass at multi-tasking though. I still think she should be in our class instead of the fucking grapist.' 

"Something wrong dear?" Ibara's voice breaks him out of his musing and her little term of endearment makes him blush again.

"Nothing! Just...what the fu--" Ibara's eyes narrow dangerously at him, making him roll his own pair. "Ugh, what the hell..." Ibara's eyes are still narrowed but she nods, seemingly satisfied. "Are you planting this time?"

"Well, they are already planted Katsuki. So I'm simply tending to them. But to answer your question..." Her vines pass him a book. "Open up to page 118."

He does so and he raises an eyebrow at her once he examines the flower on the page. "A Hydrangea?"

"Yes." She confirms with a nod and her trademark innocent smile. "You'll be pleased to know that I'm planting these because of you."