• 7 •

7
Marinette POV

I wake up. Sweat dripping down my face. I wimper because of the memory of my dream. The usual.

I feel awfully lonely in my king size bed. Without Adrien...

I sigh and sit up. I'll just have to give him time.

I quickly shower and get ready, before I head down for breakfast.

Emilie greats me with a smile, but Adrien however, doesn't even look at me.

I can hardly swallow the lump in my throat and sit down, grabbing an apple.

"So... Ready for school?" Emilie asks us.

We mumble a quick 'yeah', before standing up, and heading towards to door.

We say goodbye, and walk the usual route.

Most of the walk we're silent. But I decide to break it. "So, how are you?"

"Okay..." Adrien mumbles, his eyes darting to me and then back in front of him.

He doesn't say anything back anymore, so I decide not to force it.

#

It's lunch time. I don't exactly have the best memories of this part of the day...

We're all sitting at our usual table, chit chatting.

But then...

"Hey, Adri!" A girl with brown eyes hugs Adrien from behind.

I raise my eyebrows, not recognising her.

"Kagami? What are you doing here?" Adrien turns to her, with a smile on his face.

"My mom decided that I could go to school!" She says happily.

Who the hell is this girl?

"It's great seeing you again." Adrien tells her.

Kagami nods. "So... Do you want to go to the movies sometimes? Like old times?"

Like old times? I thought he said he never dated anyone.

"Sure."

Sure? I feel a pang if jealousy in my heart.

I turn to Alya, who looks at me with a concerned look on her face.

"I have to use the ladies room." I stand up and run. As fast as I can.

I sit down on one of the closed toilets, and sob. That's why he doesn't like me. He likes her!

"Marinette?" I hear someone softly say.

I remain silent.

"I know you're in there."

I vaguely recognise her voice. I stand up and walk towards her. Kagami. Out of all people.