The Journey Begins

The sun shines high over the land of Equestria, as another day continued on the same as it did each and every day. Every morning, Princess Celestia would raise the sun and each and every night she would lower it. Meanwhile, her sister and co-ruler of Equestria, Princess Luna, would raise the moon. There was no doubt that Equestria was beautiful at this hour.

Today, however, Twilight Sparkle was not looking up toward the bright light of her teacher's sun. The only thing the alicorn could see was dense forest and darkness that usually many ponies would see when walking through the Everfree Forest. The little purple alicorn trotted down the narrow path between the assortment of dark trees and brush of the massive forest. As she strolled, she kept looking over her shoulder every few minutes keeping an eye open for the creatures that are known to inhabit the forest. After the experience that she and her friends had with manticores, chimera, and all the other creatures that this forest had to offer, Twilight wasn't leaving anything to chance.

The main reason she was out here in the first place was to gather ingredients for a potion that she was working on with Zecora. All Twilight had to go with was a map, which floated with a magic aura through her magic.

"Ok, so if the directions Zecora gave me are correct," Twilight said, reading the map. "The last of the ingredients should be in this area. Now where could they... WHOA!!!"

Twilight was so occupied looking over the map that she took no notice of where she was going and tripped over something. She picked herself off the forest floor with a small pile of dirt on top of her head and shook it off quickly.

"Well that hurt," She grumbled.

Twilight turned around and saw what she fell over. What she saw looked quite strange: A large dark grey square, a confusing sight to the purple Princess. She slowly approached it, as cautiously as possible in case it was dangerous. She slowly reached out her hoof and tapped the thing before quickly retracting her hoof. Seeing that nothing happened, she concentrated her magic to levitate the object and set it gently against a tree for a better look. The other side of the device, which she didn't see before, had a reflective screen.

It was then that she knew what this thing was, having seen a few before when she visited the human version of their world. A television, as it was called.

From what she had seen in the other world, a television was a device that showed moving pictures that were called 'shows'. She never partook of it that much, always preferring a good book any day. It seemed very strange that one of these devices were here in their world. Even more strange that it was just randomly in the Everfree Forest.

Twilight scratched her head with her hoof trying to figure out why this device was here and where it came from. Ultimately, she couldn't understand and decided it was probably better to take it back to her castle for some tests.

"I guess Zecora's potion will have to wait," Twilight replied.

Lifting the television with her magic, Twilight strolled back through the direction she came. Soon enough, the princess made her way out of the Everfree Forest. As she walked out of the dense foliage, she passed by Fluttershy' cottage and noticed the butter yellow Pegasus watering her flowers.

"Oh look at all of you," Fluttershy softly said, a tear forming in her eye. "So beautiful I could almost cry."

Twilight, having heard and seen this display, couldn't help but giggle.

"Hi Fluttershy!" She called out.

Fluttershy looked up from her gardening and smiled brightly at her friend while waving her hoof. She dropped her watering can and ran over to Twilight.