Going Home

"Let the joyous news be spread! The Wicked Old Witch at last is dead!"

Though their journey back to Emerald City was long, shortly after defeating the Wicked Witch, the group of heroes felt a sense of confidence and joy that had gone astray for some time. After everything they've been through, they were going to see to it they'd finally get their wishes. The thought of achieving their goals swam through their minds, as they matched through the Emerald City. The citizens of Emerald City clapped and cheered, letting everyone know 'The Wicked Witch is Dead at last!" spreading the news for all of Oz to hear.

Citizens (Sings):
Ding Dong! The Witch is dead
Which old Witch?
The Wicked Witch!
Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead!

A large procession leads the group through the crowded streets, flower girls surround our group of friends, as The Scarecrow carries the Witch's broomstick. There they strolled, smiling before the singing crowd and waving to them as the reprise continues.

Citizens (Sings):
Wake up, you sleepy head
Rub your eyes
Get out of bed
Wake up, the Wicked Witch is dead!
She's gone where the Goblins go
Below – Below – Below!
Yo ho, let's open up and sing
And ring the bells out
Ding Dong! The merry-oh
Sing it high
Sing it low
Let them know
The Wicked Witch is dead!

"Behold!" Some declared. "The heroes of Oz!"

"They have saved us all!" Others shouted.

All the while, as the citizens celebrated their triumph, the entire group found themselves enjoying their newly earned fame.

"This is amazing!" Dorothy admired.

"You can say that again," Lion added, smiling. "I've never been praised like this in my life!"

"This happens on a daily basis back in Equestria," Twilight noted. "But since we've been here, it seems to take on a new meaning."

Rainbow and Fluttershy flew high above the others, both with smiles on their faces. Rainbow's, in particular, being the biggest of them all. Dash was really soaking in the fame, ushering them to cheer louder and even doing a victory dance.

"Breathe it in, Flutters," Rainbow bragged, showing off. "I don't think this song will ever get old."

"As long as the people are happy, I'm happy," Fluttershy said, waving to the crowd.

Citizens (Sings):
Ding Dong! The Witch is dead
Which old Witch?
The Wicked Witch!
Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead!
Wake up, you sleepy head
Rub your eyes
Get out of bed
Wake up, the Wicked Witch is dead!

She's gone where the Goblins go
Below – Below – Below!
Yo ho, let's open up and sing
And ring the bells out
Ding Dong! The merry-oh
Sing it high –

Eventually, they made it to the center of Emerald City as the doors to the long corridor open wide, it's guard inviting them inside while waving. Through the long corridor to the Wizard's sanctuary, marching ahead of the cheering crowd before the doors shut, they eventually appeared before the Emerald Throne where the Great and Powerful Oz himself made his presence felt.

"Can I believe my eyes?" He asked, loudly. "Why have you come back?"

The whole group ushers Dorothy forward, as she presents the broomstick to the almighty wizard.