Chapter 8

With the display that they had seen the day before, the siblings walked to school with more caution than before, knowing that they could get ambushed by a supernatural, be it a devil, fallen angel, or an angel. They had come prepared to fend of any attack made to them, but they were not prepared to see Rias Gremory walking to school with Issei Hyoudou while she hugged one of his arms. "What in the world have I witnessed?" (Y/N) muttered to himself in disbelief. "I think the world is going to end soon, nii." Yuzuha added in her own shock.

"Let's just get in." (Y/N) rubbed the temple of his head and walked forward with Yuzuha following him. Even if the siblings wanted to just get into the school, Iseei and Rias were walking in front of them, so they have to endure the sight of the two of them walking all lovey dovey.

"I think I'm gonna puke." (Y/N) held his mouth in his hand when he saw Rias kiss Issei's cheek before she went to her class. On the other hand, Yuzuha had her eyes widened as she did not expect such a thing to happen. "Nii, the world is ending." She hugged (Y/N)'s arm and trembled from what she had seen before. "L-Let's just get to class, okay?" (Y/N) rubbed Yuzuha's head and earned a nod from her.

School went by as usual, with the pervert trio being perverts and the siblings staying away from everyone. The only thing that differs was just the goofy expression that Issei had on his face the entire day. "A blonde guy?" (Y/N) muttered when he saw a male crowded by girls when he wanted to enter the class. "Is Issei Hyoudou here?" He asked, getting the attention of the mentioned brown haired pervert. As if in some reflex, the girls gave Issei the stink eye when the blonde mentioned his name. "Kiba! Don't go with him! You'll catch pervert!" One girl shouted, earning more replies of agreement within the big crowd that surrounds him.

"Don't worry, I'm sure he won't do anything." The blonde laughed awkwardly as if he had seen this a lot of times. "I - I won't make him a pervert, geez." Issei complained before he stood up from his chair and followed the blonde to god knows where. "Nii, isn't this a bit suspicious?" Yuzuha looked at (Y/N). "I don't think it is polite to just intrude you know." The male sighed at what his sister is saying. "Muuu." Yuzuha pouted when she heard her brother's reply.

"We're just here to keep watch of the balance, okay? Be it devils, fallen, or angels, we don't interfere in their affairs." He rubbed his sister's head once more with a smile on his face. "Besides, we don't want to mess with the younger sister of Lucifer himself, would we?" This made Yuzuha remember who Rias actually is. She nodded her head as she knew that it would not be a wise thing to do.

"Reclaimer, it is imperative that the mission is followed properly." A voice rang out in his head. "Spark?" The boy muttered when he heard what the monitor said. "Hello Reclaimer." The chipper monitor responded back. "Our mission is to prevent the unbalance of power. If we don't do this properly, one side will get too much power. I'm sure you know what will happen, given there's one who was not happy at all from the result of the war." He added. "Kokabiel." (Y/N) hissed. "Correct." The monitor replied.

"If this is the case, I'll have to get sentinels to prowl around the city and scan every nook and cranny to detect any suspicious movement by the factions." The boy muttered. "It would be the best to do that, Reclaimer. It will alert you to sudden moves so you could prepare." (Y/N) nodded his head at what the monitor said. "Remember, Reclaimer, we only act when there are things that could change the balance of power. If they're doing their usual business, do not do anything as there's nothing that would change." Spark added, making (Y/N) nod his head once more.

As this exchanged happened telepathically, Yuzuha did not hear everything that Spark had said to her brother, so she tilted her head in confusion in seeing her brother act that way. "He's just talking to someone via telepathy, hime." Apostasia's voice rang out inside of her head, making her slightly jump as she did not expect that to happen. "I - I see, but next time, please don't talk so suddenly like that." She said as she tried to calm herself down. "Noted." Apostasia chuckled as he knew what happened.

(Y/N) looked to his sister and smiled as he knew that she was wondering what he was doing. "I'm just conversing with Spark on what we should do." He smiled, making his younger sister nod her head. "Well, I don't think we should have a lot to think of at the moment, but just in case." He ordered multiple sentinels, which appeared on various places on the city in high altitude to scan for any suspicious activity from the factions. "What did you do?" Yuzuha asked him when he closed his eyes for a bit to relay his instructions to the sentinels. "Hm? I made some sentinels fly around the city and look for anything suspicious related to supernaturals." He said to her. "Are you sure that they could do it?" (Y/N) nodded his head at his sister's question. "They are capable of detecting magic and analyzing it, so we should just leave it to them." He explained, earning a noise from Yuzuha that indicated that she understood.

With nothing else to do, the two siblings packed their belongings into their backs and walked out of the classroom. On their way to the school gate, they could see the clubhouse of the Occult Research Club, also known as the ORC, which was the club of Rias Gremory. (Y/N) knew that there are a bunch of devils inside, but he decided that it was not worth his time and safety to approach them just like that, so he continued to walk home with his sister like he usually does.