2|Daddy Chris

I smiled as I heard the lady yell out 'sold!' In response to my bid. The numbers were pretty low, so I wanted to make sure I bought him by bidding 6,200 dollars for June.

I walked towards the back excitedly. Finally, I was gonna get my baby boy I had wishes for! I'd been wanting somebody to spoil and care for, so June was perfect for me.

Some lady handed me a piece of paper that told me the crib number June was at, Crib 3. I thanked her and left to where she pointed for me to go.

The lady that was leading the bidding had talked about him not speaking much, I remembered as I walked down the hallway. I wondered if I could get him comfortable enough to speak to me. I hoped so, I didn't want my baby to be forever silent and scared of his daddy.

The more I looked around, the dirtier the place seemed. It was extremely cold, probably due to there being not insulation in the room. It wasn't rare for auction houses or pet stores to be dirty, cold, and old, but it surprised me with how bad it looked. The ladies may seem nice and caring, but they only cared about the nice money.

Hell, they sold a pet to me! A vampire! Most humans knew that vampires were real, as it had been proven recently.  Humans had been accepting, as they learned we didn't actually live off of blood. I was more of a preference than a life source. Vampires needed blood like humans needed water and like Nekos needed milk. It wasn't all we could eat.

The myth about us burning up in sunlight was also wrong. I mean seriously, could you imagine how much that would suck? I pondered on that as I neared the door where June was at.

A smile lit up my face again as I opened the door and stepped inside looking for Crib #3. I spotted an old and shabby faded blue crib in the corner with a #3 painted on in white. Hurriedly, I walked up to it and peered inside.

My poor baby was shaking and hugging himself tightly in the corner. I cooed at him and leaned into the crib, with a calm smile. He looked up at me fearfully and I felt dumb for just immediately reaching into his crib.

"Hey, hey! Calm down baby. I'm not gonna hurt you." I said in a quiet whisper as I stopped moving towards him. His scared brown eyes looked up at me as he tried to figure out if he could trust me. Eventually, he claimed down and just stared up at me with his big doe eyes.

"Can daddy pick you up without you being scared?" I asked him and he nodded his head quickly. I scooped him up into my arms and he cuddles into my chest as soon as I picked him up. I felt bad that he had to wait in the cold room all alone before o came to get him.

I noticed another person had come to collect their baby and he was struggling to pick him up. The kid was fighting and fussing with his new daddy. A lady came up and asked him something and the man nodded. The lady pulled out a syringe from her pocket and injected him, the boy quickly calming down significantly.

She saw me watching the interaction and approached me with a friendly smile. "Would you like him sedated? It comes free with your purchase." She offered with a customer friendly smile as she held out the syringe.

June noticed the syringe and began shaking in my arms. I quickly told the lady no and she walked away to go help another customer. Poor June was being such a good boy, why would I sedate him? I hugged him tighter and looked down at him with a small smile

"Wanna go home baby?" He nodded his head and cuddled back into me as we left the store with him in my arms.

I buckled him into he backseat of the car and hopped into the front. I started the car and looked back at him through the rear view mirror. June kept blinking his eyes and looking around distractedly.

"You tired, pumpkin?" I asked as I pulled out of the store parking lot and began the trip home.