Boys in the Band pt.2

NOTE: If I write this symbol ('), that means the character is talking in mind. For example ' I see... '. If I write ("), that means the character is talking using a mouth.

----------------------------------------------------------

" Hey, can you teach me how to play that thing? "

Everything started with that chord I played. I had no idea that I was strumming hard on his heartstrings with my own fingers. Thinking back, it was this encounter... that set my world racing forward at full speed.

' Argh. My forehead is hurt. That Yayoi! ' His sister, Yayoi, having a fight because Uenoyama asks her that Kaji dumps her. Uenoyama walking to his class as usual while bringing his own guitar.  

I started playing guitar in sixth grade. My dad gave me his guitar because he wasn't using it anymore. Of course, I wasn't going to be Thom Yorke or Keith Richards right off the bat... I never could handle things not going the way I wanted, and day by day, I became obsessed with music. And then, the time that I started high school... I was able to play the guitar the way I wanted to. But, I also realized... the more I sharpened my skill, the more my old excitement faded...

 the more I sharpened my skill, the more my old excitement faded

Uenoyama started to thinking about Sato Mafuyu. He looking at the window in his classroom while a teacher is teaching in front.

When I was a kid, I almost cried when I first broke my guitar string, too. Because I thought that I make the guitar broken.

     It's lunchtime. Uenoyama goes to his nap spot. And sees that it was the same boy who came and sleep there. Today, Sato Mafuyu sleep while sitting and his guitar is by his side. ' So, we meet again... I'm not gonna teach you, I'm not doing it, do you understand? And I'm going to defend my nap spot to the death! ' Uenoyama pats Mafuyu's head. He trying to wake Mafuyu up. Mafuyu looks at Uenoyama with a smile.

" Oh... Uenoyama-Kun."

The voice plus with his face makes Uenoyama feels so scary. " Thank you for helping me fix the guitar string. Here, this is to thank you. " Mafuyu gives 1,000 yen to Uenoyama. " Uenoyama-Kun, please teach me how to use and play the guitar." Mafuyu gives him another 1,000 yen but Uenoyama refuses. " No, you can keep your money. I don't need your money. " " Then... Take this. " Mafuyu gives him a bento. " Hey, look... You can try to win me over with your bento or something but I never taught anyone how to play guitar. So, I won't teach you. " Uenoyama sits at Mafuyu's side and lie on the floor. " You can learn guitar with someone. You just join the light music club. "

Uenoyama immediately sits and looks at Mafuyu. " Who are you? You always carry your guitar around but you didn't know about it?" Mafuyu gives a sigh with a sad face. " Oi, I just talking about it don't take it so seriously. " Uenoyama feels bad because he makes Mafuyu looks sad.

" Actually, I didn't say learn about the guitar is a bad thing."

Uenoyama continues lying on the floor. Mafuyu looks at Uenoyama with the face of a little bit of surprise. " Really? Uenoyama-Kun, please teach me how to play the guitar. "

    School already ended. Before Uenoyama leaves his class, he looks around and he looks really cautious. Uenoyama's friend can't help but see him so far away. 

     While Uenoyama walks to his practice band's place, he knows that Mafuyu follows him at the back.

"Hey, please stop following me. "

Uenoyama continues his walks. But Mafuyu still not give up to let Uenoyama teach him about the guitar. ' This boy is still following me. Why he really wants me to teach him about the guitar?' Uenoyama looks at Mafuyu.

" Huh... I told you, ask someone else other than me if you wanna learn guitar. "

Uenoyama continues his walks. Still, Mafuyu keeps following Uenoyama. Even though Uenoyama already told that find someone else to teach how to play guitar to Mafuyu, he still following Uenoyama like there is no one who can teach guitar other than Uenoyama.

" Hey, this time you follow me! But only this time! "

" So... Uenoyama, who is this salmon pink hair guy? "

     Said Kaji Akihiko with a little surprise. Same as Nakayama Haruki. " This guy... wants to watch us play our instrument. So, let's do it as usual. " Kaji and Nakayama feel so excited. " So... what is your name? " Nakayama pats Mafuyu's head.

" Sato Mafuyu. "

" Woah, that's a nice name! My name is Nakayama Haruki. I'm a bassist. That is Kaji Akihiko. He's a drummer. "

Uenoyama immediately starts first. It makes Nakayama feels so excited the same as Kaji.

  ( Credit to the owner ) 

     Uenoyama and Mafuyu walk together to home. Mafuyu stops and looks at Uenoyama.

" Can I come again? "

" Please don't." Mafuyu getting closer to Uenoyama's face.

" Teach me guitar... Please... Please teach me the guitar. "

" Can you stop that? You can learn from someone else. I'm didn't mean to you but you really want to learn guitar, so go to the light music club. "

     Uenoyama immediately goes to his room. Thinking that what he was doing when he first started playing guitar. Lying on the bed thinking about Mafuyu.

     Uenoyama goes to his nap spot but today Mafuyu is not there. It makes Uenoyama feel so worried about him the same as the next day and the day after the next day. Until that day, at his band practice's place. He saw Mafuyu there.

" Ehhh! "

-TO BE CONTINUED-

Boys in the Band CHAPTER END

Wait for the next chapter~