Welcome Home

"Back home" happy words, because you love going back home after a long time away, right? But what if you go back to your home and can't find it?

As Zeral walked, he looked at the ruins of the old town called Bartak, which was once home to Zeral. He then entered a ruined, abandoned house and said, "Finally, I'm back home."

Then, he put down his two swords and sat on the ground, looking at the ruined house. He began to cry and smile at the same time as he said, "He is hiding somewhere...Hey, Johnny? I'm here, come out, I brought your favourite candies." He looked towards the broken door cleaning his tears. "Come on, I'm waiting for you, my son." But there was no response...

Then he started screaming "COME ON, COME TO YOUR FATHER!" Then exclaimed in frustration and hysteria, "DAMN IT, WHERE ARE YOU? WHO KILLED YOU? TELL ME!" He continued to cry and punch the ground with his bare hands...

Then he heard someone coming his way, so he grabbed his swords and said, "Who is there?" As he glanced towards the front opening to house, three monsters attacked him from behind.

One of the monsters spoke in a low chuckle, "Oh, it's a human. Hahaha, how lucky we are."

The second creature said, "He looks delicious, right?"

The third one replied, "Aye, but what is he doing here?"

The first to speak suggested, "Maybe he lost his way."

Zeral starts laughing. "Hahaha, finally, some food, I'm so hungry."

The second monster lamented, "I miss the humans' food. When I was a human, I used to eat a lot of food, but now I only eat humans such as you."

Zeral looked at that monster and responded, "Mhm, same here. I miss my wife's cooking, even if her soup was terrible - especially without salt."

The first monster asked, "What do you mean, human?"

Zeral laughed, "Human? Am I? So you think you kill me as you did to rest of humans you killed?"

The first monster said pompously, "Of course, hahaha, we will eat you alive!"

The third monster added onto that by saying, "Hell yeah, you look so yummy."

Zeral huffed, "Okay, fine, come and take some. But what about you? Huh?"

The second monster yelled, "What? Do you think you can eat us? We are holy beings, and so thanks to our god Hirvan, we will annihilate all humans in the world."

The first monster jibed, "Yes, you think you can eat us? We are above your kind."

The third monster asked, "You fool, you think you can kill us? Do you know what happened in this ghost village?"

Zeral says with a smile "Nope, can you tell me what happened here? And I may eat you if I want, so tell me what happened, and I will spare your life."

The third monster repeated, " Are you crazy? You don't know what happened? And you think you will spare our life, huh?"

The three monsters looked to each other and started laughing at Zeral, then the second said, "Hahahaha, nice joke."

Then the first one joked, "He thinks he can kill us? A single human, defeat three holy beings?"

Then the third went on to explain, "We killed the surviving humans here, and this was the first town to succumb to our rule, but when we arrived this city it was already dead one as it now...The three of us died 10 years ago, along with the rest of humans who lived near...But thanks to our god, we got a chance to be reborn as his best creations-"