Chapter Two

As I entered the room, I noticed that there was a large filing cabinet, two other green doors, probably leading to some sort of cupboard, the other probably to the headteacher's office, two or three purple chairs on the left hand side of the room, and an overcrowded wooden desk with a young woman sitting in a swivel chair and staring at a computer screen. I stepped further into the room, onto the carpet. "Erm, excuse me, I'm looking for Mr. Rimmer?" I asked her, and she turned her head to look at me. She was very pretty, her lips painted a pale pink and her eyelashes coated with black mascara.

"Yes, he's in a meeting in his office right now, take a seat, he'll be here in a minute," She said, nodding towards the purple chairs next to the windows. I took off my rucksack, and sat on the chair on the right. Only a few seconds later, a boy with long, brown hair burst through the same door I came in through. He was tall and was holding a black rucksack slung over one shoulder, his hair was so long it was in his eyes, and he was running his hand through it, pushing it back away from his face. He was wearing his purple and yellow tie loosely around his neck, his top button undone, and a pair of scuffed, long, baggy school trousers, the ends dragging along the floor, and bright green nike trainers. He looked about sixteen or seventeen at the most. "Mr. Budgen told me to see Mr. Rimmer," He informed the pretty woman at the desk. She sighed and waved a hand at the chair next to me. "He's in a meeting at the moment, he'll be here in a minute," She said, yawning and carrying on with whatever she was doing on her computer.

He dumped his back next to mine and sat down on the chair to the right of me. I reached into my pocket to find my phone, just to make myself look less awkward. I opened up my texts and tapped on Jayden's picture. I typed out a quick message saying something like "wuu2? first day at Waterloo Road" then started reading out long conversations from the other day.

"Boyfriend?" I turned around to see that the mystery boy was looking over my shoulder.

"Friend." I corrected him. He had a mischievous look on his face, flicking his hair out of his eyes yet again.

"So do you have one?"

"As if." My mind flickered back to my old school, and me and Jayden.

"Well, anyway, I'm Liam," he grinned.

"Dani," I smiled back.

At that moment, Mr. Rimmer came out of his office with a grey-haired man in a suit with a visitor's badge around his neck. "Ok then, see you in two weeks time," Mr. Rimmer said to the man who looked uninterested, but faked a smile, shook his hand and turned to the door to leave. "These two want to speak with you," Said the lady at the desk, not keeping her eyes off the computer screen. "You first," He said, looking at me. I picked up my bag from next to Liam's and followed Mr. Rimmer into his office.