nine

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒chapter ninethose who came before ┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒
chapter nine
those who came before
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

27 BBY

ELYSAR HAD NEVER SEEN a planet like Bogano before.

It was off any known maps, and one would never find it unless one was specifically following the traces of electromagnetic winds. Bogano was wild and uninhibited, and strikingly rich in the Force, which Elysar had felt as soon as she'd stepped off the boarding ramp.

The air smelled of moss and rain, mixing together into a gentle petrichor. It was a planet of contrast: bright azure sky glistening above the grass-covered mesas and ravines, rays of light penetrating wet caves hiding beneath the thin layer of flat plains.

Each morning Elysar had been waking up to the song of birds, breathing in fresh, cool air and felt the same calm she had on Zeffo. Perhaps, it was the influence of electromagnetic winds or simply the fact that the Zeffo had once inhabited this planet, but Elysar felt like she belonged there, belonged with the undiluted energy that lived in every midi-chlorian surrounding her.

Eno Cordova, Cere, Elysar and young Jaryn had spent weeks traversing the wetlands of Bogano in search of the temple, and soon Master Cordova had suggested they break camp in one of the many caves scattered around the island. They had quickly made it their own, setting makeshift cots which reminded Elysar of her lodgings back on Coruscant and tables that Jaryn'd helped create from tree branches.

Each day, Elysar, Cere and Jaryn would leave with the first rays of sunlight to explore the new lands and mark their progress on the map which Master Cordova had begun creating. The old Jedi, in his turn, stayed in the camp. He was busy documenting their findings and deciphering the remaining writings from Zeffo in hopes that they would somehow aid them in discovering the location of the temple on Bogano.

At last, they had found it.

It had been Jaryn who'd spotted it, really — he'd climbed a tree to survey the landscape laying ahead and had noticed a spear piercing the cloudless sky. Guided by his natural sense of adventure, Jaryn led Elysar and Cere through the grassy wetlands without giving them much of an explanation, other than a hasty "I found it, follow me". Thankfully, at that point, his antics had ceased to surprise them.

Both Jedi had full faith in the young boy. Suffice to say, it had only been justified when he'd brought them straight to a towering edifice which could only be the Zeffo temple they'd been searching for.

Perched on a cliff, it was made of gold, dulled to dark bronze by the centuries past. And yet retained its striking magnificence, almost as if it had grown from the earth itself, soaring into the skies.

Elysar, Cere and Jaryn had climbed the slippery slope, with Jaryn falling a couple of times before they'd managed to reach the entrance. But it wasn't even an entrance, not really. What they'd seen was a piece of stone with a golden plate imbedded within it, covered in Zeffo writings of which even Jaryn couldn't make sense. And so they'd returned to the camp and relayed everything they'd seen to Master Cordova, who had been delighted at their discovery.