Untamed Love

"Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused."

- Paulo coelho

The apartment felt empty and cold as if she hadn't lived there for past six years. She remembers each thing happened in her life. After her most painful days, today she felt the same pain, but this pain was given by someone she loves and who cares for her, that thought made her feel good at least she had some peaceful and good moments in her life.

She sat on the floor and leaning against the wall with the window above her, she observed the apartment, which is filled with silent just like her life and felt herself absorbing the loneliness.

There was so much she wanted to say, but words could not never leave her throat, her eyes wandered to the couch and imagining how shiv used to lay sprawling over it, Madhu felt tears prickling behind her eyes. Yet she refused to cry just like how she refused to do so many things.

Their goodbye was short and distressing. The moment he told her he was leaving and his marriage got fixed, something within her broken and closed off. She retreated to girl of past who was never allowed anyone one or sacred to allow into heart and personal space. She couldn't help but feel the pain that came along with his good bye and she felt she was being abandoned all over again.

She missed him and she wanted him to stay, but the words "Don't go" could never came out from her mouth.

He felt her pulling away, closing off to him and it was enough to break his heart.

He wanted to tell her he wasn't leaving, that he would always be there but no he had to leave, he can't disobey his grandparents so he thought he can speak to them once he reaches his place. He was broken seeing her reaction when she heard his marriage fixed.

Sometimes words sound empty, even before you speak to them. Now his feelings for her sounds empty before he conveys it to her. A part of him, a big part of him wanted to stay with madhu and have things remain same but he can't able to hold it.

Few days later, once he left. Her company grabbed a big deal, for which a team of 4 has to go headquarters of the company which located in Netherland. Madhu has to lead the team so she left to Netherland. After he left, she was in contact with him hardly three to four days not more than that and tried to keep in minimal talk. She engrossed herself in her work but still her thoughts were lost somewhere, the days they spend together.

A week later, on his marriage day

She got call from him. As usual she tried to avoid it then she thought not to hurt him on his marriage day.

Can she talk to him without hurting her?!!

.........

Phone rang.

"Hello "she said

"What the hell madhu?!. How many times I called you, why can't attend my calls. I know girl you were busy at work still at least you call me at night right!!! But no.

Finally, now lifted my call. Listen I had something important to tell you" he said in angry tone.

.......

"Sir please hold on and listen!!madam busy in meeting." female voice said.

He didn't except this but felt something fishy in her behavior. Yet decided to wait till madhu speak to him.

"Okay!! Tell her to call me back soon, it's very important" he said and hang up.

After listening it from her colleague
she decided to call him back but something was stopping her from doing it, she sent a voice mail to him. It was last thing happened between them. Because she thought he was married, she doesn't want to hurt herself. He needs to spend time with his family, she thought and avoided him completely.

After his marriage day, both didn't talk with each other. It went over more than month. Each message he left ranged from angry to soft tone but end up with "Just call me back....I miss you "his message was replayed hundreds of times to break the silence in the apartment as if he was still there, by her side.

It had something to do aching in her heart, the fear that the feelings she had was more than friendly, that she wasn't missing him but started to miss herself in him. she was feeling more than she ever felt before.

She felt alive being with him.

Yet, the idea that she loved him made her hate herself. And as much as she missed him, she wanted to avoid him.

He can't maintain his patience's anymore decided to take matters into his own hands. He decided to visit India though he had numbers of meeting lined up. Waiting outside of her apartment for few hours. When she returned to her apartment, she was shock seeing him. She couldn't understand what he is doing here, how to avoid him. She found him sleeping. She had paused, looking at him, but kept her distance. She debated between waking him or sneaking past him. She chose the latter.

Just when she tried to open the door, Shiva hand suddenly shot up and grabbed a hold of her ankle, which made her fall over him. "you been avoiding me "he said, startling her. His eyes were still closed and his head was leaning against the wall by her door. He then opened his eyes and not bothering to wait for her response, he smiled at her. "I think you reduced your weight dear, is it so?" He said

***********************************

If you like the story, please do vote!

Share and comment your thoughts!! Please don't be silent!

Stay home, be safe!

Wear mask, regularly wash your hands/ use sanitizer!!

Hope and pray, world overcome this pandemic 🙏