Part III- It's middle school drama I don't know what you were expecting

Arc 2- Middle School/Junior High

My alarm rings and I open my eyes. Liv has joined me in my bed. I force myself to get out of bed and get ready for work while washing my face, I'm hit with a random wave of deja vu.

I look up and stare at myself in the mirror. "You'll get through this," I tell myself and try to bring up my confidence.

My phone rings. My head snaps in that direction and rushes over to answer it. I read the screen. "Boss." 'Ohhhh noooo. Well shit, what did I do this time?' I wonder before answering. "Hello?"

"Hey Forrest, can you come as soon as possible, we're in a bit of a rush right now and need your help." I start panicking and wondering what was happening.

"Yep I'll be there as soon as a can," I say as I hang up. I rush to put on my clothes, grab my keys and run out the door. I yell to my cat, "I'll be back at soon, see ya Liv!" I hurriedly lock my door and dash to the elevator. I get there just as the door is closing, sighing in relief. I whisper to myself, "I wonder what happened this time?" My heart slowly calms down from that slight adrenaline rush a few minutes ago. Huh, it's weird how my anxiety really does make me panic at every little thing. 

~~~

"Liv, I'm back home~~~" I shout into my apartment. My cat meows back as a response. I start talking about my day to her. "Yeah, today was tiring I just wanna go to sleep." Liv only stares at me, expecting something. I realize something. 'Shoot, her food.' I groan and drag my feet towards the kitchen. I scoop out some dry food from the container and set the bowl on the ground before tiredly walking towards the couch and flopping down, watching Liv scarf down the food. Now I feel guilty for not giving her more this morning. Liv quickly finishes it, runs towards the couch and gracefully jumps on. She settles in my lap and I start petting her. She purrs gently and I enjoy her comforting warmth, making me sleepy. I feel myself drift off again.

It's the start of grade 7. I walk into the room and realize that most of my friends wouldn't be in the same class as me. I mean, I still had Hannah and Parth so it was a bit more bearable. The day dragged on and I became more and more disappointed. It seemed like some of the people in my class were pretty much assholes. I couldn't join the strings class and yeah. Horrible. It still was pretty ok since I was in grade 7 anyway.

I wake up and think back to my short dream. 'Wow I was that child wasn't I?' I reflect on myself. I let go of the breath I wasn't aware of holding and look over at the clock to see what time it was. 12 a.m. I'm too tired to wash up so I wrap myself with my blanket and fall back asleep.

Bonus:

A man enters Forrest's apartment. His soft voice resonates through the apartment. "Hey, Forrest I brought some groceries for you. I know you never have time and stuff so--" He sees her lying on the couch, softly snoring. The cat has woken up though. Liv stares at the man warmly and comes up to greet him. Forrest moves a bit in her sleep and mumbles a few words. He catches a "well shoot" but doesn't question anything. The man walks towards the kitchen and sets down the bags full of vegetables and other healthy things (oh wow). He walks back towards the door but stops before the couch. He debates in his mind if he should carry Forrest to her bedroom. 'She would sleep more comfortably in her bed, but at the same time I don't want to touch her cuz personal space.' The man sighs and decides to leave her there. He walks back and rummages through Forrest's closet, coming up with a fuzzy blanket. He gently lays the blanket over her and rolls his eyes. 'You really should take care of yourself' he thinks while bringing her to a lying position and tucking her in. He leans in and whispers a "soft good night" before almost comically tiptoeing towards the door. Liv comes towards the man while he puts on his shoes. She softly chirps as he reaches for the doorknob. The man crouches down and pets her, Liv enjoys his warm hand. "Promise that you're taking good care of her right?" Liv just stares at him, almost like a "Is this man serious? Of course, I take good care of her." The man smiles warmly, stands up and leaves, making sure to lock the door. Liv goes back to her respective place on the couch, beside Forrest. As all things should be.