Ultimate Supreme Leader

Rantaro, Kaede, and Kaito were sitting around, waiting for Shuichi to come back. They were all rather worried. Shouldn't he have been back yet? Rantaro wondered. No, I mean, it hasn't technically been that long. I'm just getting impatient. 

"So, how is everyone doing?" Kaede asked the two.

"Nervous." Rantaro responded. 

"I, um, yeah. Me too." Kaede sighed.

"I'm more angry than nervous! Why would Shuichi go and do something so stupid like that?!" Kaito shouted.

"He has his reasons." Rantaro explained. "I mean, if Shuichi suddenly had become a Remnant, wouldn't you want to do the same, Kaito?" Kaito went silent, thinking it over. However, it was clear to three of them what the answer was. It was yes. They all would have done the same if their best friend was suddenly evil. "The way we feel about Shuichi is how Shuichi felt about Kokichi. He's, stuck in the past."

"Well, we've gotta drag him out of it!" Kaito declared. "He needs to focus on moving forwards! Things have changed, and he can't keep believing in the liar!" The other two nodded. Kaito typically is able to believe in anyone. Yet he's so insistent on not believing in Kokichi. Rantaro huffed. Shuichi, can't you realize it's a lost cause? The group went silent for a moment, when the door suddenly opened.

"We're back!" Rantaro heard Makoto shout. The three of them stood up, heading towards the entrance. And they all immediately froze, seeing who else was with them. It was a certain, purple haired leader. He was grinning widely at the group, clearly happy.

"Nishishi, who would have thought I'd be seeing all of you again so soon?" Kokichi tilted his head to the side. "Long time no see! Did ya miss me?" Kaito sprinted forwards, drawing his fist back for a punch. Kokichi looked away, bracing himself for an impact.

"K-Kaito! Wait!" Shuichi pulled the leader behind him, Kaito coming to a stop. "N-Not right now, please. We've, got some things to do."

"Shuichi, don't let him deceive you!" Kaito shouted. "He doesn't need protecting!"

"Yeah Shuichi! I'm the big bad leader of the Remnants of Despair!" Kokichi stated. "Don't you think I deserve a punch to the face?" Shuichi quickly pulled out a machine, and sighed.

"I missed it." He mumbled. Kokichi blinked, suddenly going quiet. Shuichi looked back up at Kaito. "Look, we don't exactly have too much time right now. So, Kaito, can you leave this till later?" Kaito hesitated a moment, before he turned away.

"Okay, Shuichi. Do whatever you have to." 

Shuichi smiled. "Thanks, Kaito."

"Yeah, thanks space idiot! I really didn't want to get punched in the face again." Kokichi sent an accusing glance at Makoto. Makoto turned away, seemingly guilty. "So, what are you all going to do to me? Strap me to an electric chair? Inject lethal poison in me? Hang me? Push me off a building? Cut me in half? Tear me apart? Or-"

"Kokichi, stop." Shuichi turned to look at him. "We're not going to be doing any of those things."

Kokichi pouted. "Aw, really? I thought you would." Shuichi looked back down at the machine.

"You... really thought that?"

"I did." Kokichi nodded.

Rantaro walked towards the three. "So, what are we doing with him? If we're not doing any of the things that he said."

"Hold on, I'll go get Kyoko." Makoto then walked off towards Kyoko's room.

Rantaro paused for a moment. "What's that for?"