Something Strange

A large ensemble of monsters departed the hotel, which was now in shambles. Furniture tossed around and about, broken glass all over the floor, pieces of the roof hanging loosely, it truly was a mess. Each monster dragged at least one unconscious college student in their claws, while the fate of all the other students remained in the air. As they left, they were communicating to each other in a rather strange language, one you wouldn't find in any linguistics book but a language only they know.

As they made their way toward wherever they were meeting, they passed a row of carnival games just outside the hotel. None of them took notice of a particular group of people and ponies (Disguised as humans anyway) hiding amongst the 'Head in a Vase' game. Slowly, they pop their heads out watching the creatures dragging the students away.

"Like, I have a sinking feeling these dudes aren't brainwashed cult members," Shaggy said.

"Oh, really?!" Rainbow snarked. "What was your first clue?"

"Come now, Rainbow, there's no need for that," Rarity scolds.

"Will ya'll keep quiet before yah get us caught?!" Applejack whisper yelled.

Rainbow just rolls her eyes, shaking her head in response.

"Who are they?" Daphne asked. "What do they want with the college students?"

"All very good questions, Daphne," Twilight spoke up. "Personally, I think we should follow them."

Shaggy instantly snaps his head in her direction, looking at her like she was crazy.

"Say what?"

"She's right, Shaggy," Daphne agreed. "We need to defeat the creatures and save Fred and Velma."

"Well, that's sort of like my plan: We just get the heck out of here and let the creatures eat Fred and Velma!"

Shaggy laughed nervously at that thought, while everyone else looked at him in shock.

"You would seriously leave your own friends to be eaten by those beasts?!" Rarity asked, appalled.

"Better than being eaten myself," Shaggy replied.

"Reah!" Scooby agreed.

"Lookie here boys, we ain't goin' nowhere and neither are ya'll!" Applejack said. "If there's one thing we never do is abandon our friends in need!"

"Besides, who knows what those monsters could do to those poor kids?" Pinkie rambled. "They could be luring them straight to the deepest darkest depths of a spooky cave. Only to be imprisoned inside some icky-sticky cocoons against the walls, at the end of their ropes. This way those beasts could probably drain the life out of them till their bodies are dried as husks and whatever ends up being left over..."

"PINKIE PIE!!!" Twilight shouted, frustrated.

Immediately the other girls shushed their friend, in case any nearby monsters heard that. Still, all that talk about what those monsters had in mind for their friends made Flurry Heart whimper, hugging her aunt close. But thankfully, any monsters still around were far from hearing distance much to their relief. Pinkie Pie paused for a moment, with a nervous grin and tries to change the subject.

"Not like that 'would' happen. Point is: We can't let those big meanies get away with... Whatever it is they have in mind."

"The girls are right," Daphne explains to Shaggy. "Fred and Velma always figured out everything. Now it's our turn Shaggy. For once, they're the damsels in distress, not me!"

No sooner did she say that, when the vase she was in starts to tip over. Everyone reached out to stop her fall, but ultimately the vase tipped completely over, sending Daphne crashing hard on the floor.