9- like cousin, like cousin

like cousin, like cousin

{1993}

The grounds of Hogwarts

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

Harry, Alula, Ron and Hermione were on the way to their next lesson. The three had expressed to Alula about how amazing Rubeus Hagrid was. Apparently, he was half-giant though she was not to be worried, Hagrid was also Hogwarts' Keeper of Keys. 

Alula's name was called and told the trio to continue after they had gone, she turned to face the person. It was Draco.

"La." Her cousin smiled before frowning. "Why were you walking with Potter?"

"He, actually, apologised. Maybe he's not as bad as you think, Dray." He stepped closer to her as they walked to their class.

"Don't get too close to him, La. He's bad news."

"Y'know, the Gryffindors have been saying that about you."

"I'm hardly surprised," Draco smirked.

"I know you, though." Alula began. "You're a good person." He laughed.

"Come on, La." Her cousin took her arm. "I heard the oaf is taking Care of Magical Creatures. I don't know what's gonna be worse- the creatures or trying not to be stepped on by the teacher. Alula stopped and stared at her cousin.

"That's mean," Alula said, but they both laughed. "I guess I've got to go to my lot then." They had reached the lesson as Alula motioned towards the Gryffindors, Draco nodded.

"Gather 'round." Hagrid, an extremely large man with bushy hair and beard, announced. "Find yerself a spot. That's it. Now, firs' thing you'll want ter do is open yer books --"

"And exactly how do we do that?" Draco rudely interrupted. Alula looked at her hairy book and remembered the havoc it had caused when Lucius attempted to open it. He had nearly lost a hand. She laughed at the thought.

"Crikey. Didn' yeh know? All yeh've got ter do is stroke 'em. Look --" Hagrid took Hermione's copy, calmly ran a forefinger down the book's spine and it fell quietly open. Hagrid glances at the class, looking suddenly unsure. "Righ' then. So... so... yeh've got yer books, an' now yeh need the Magical Creatures. Right. So... I'll... I'll go an' get 'em." He walked off.

"God, this place is going to the dogs," Draco spoke loudly to his friends, wanting the whole class to hear. "Wait until my father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." Alula didn't expect Harry to respond.

"Listen, you stupid prat-"

"Potter." Draco pointed to an area behind Harry with wide eyes, Alula knew he was teasing him. "There's a dementor behind you."