11- sweets

sweets

sweets

{1993}

Hogwarts

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

In no time at all, Defence Against the Dark Arts had become most people's favourite class. Alula knew Draco also enjoyed it, but still had many bad things to say about Professor Lupin and his Slytherin friends would join in. The latest insult her cousin had mustered was about the state of Lupin's robes and how he looked like a house-elf. It did not affect his teaching, however.

Lupin's next lessons were just as interesting as the first. After Boggarts, they studied Red Caps -nasty goblin-like creatures who lurked around bloodshed- and then Kappas (water-dwellers that looked like scaly monkeys). Alula wished that her other classes were just as good. 

Potions, though Alula tried to keep her head down and strictly kept to the instructions, always resulted in Snape's ability to belittle the girl who could not begin to interpret what she could have done to upset the Professor. Everyone had assumed that Neville's Boggart hadn't helped the Snape situation as he seemed to be bullying the boy or anyone who mentioned Professor Lupin.

Divination was dull as always and Care of Magical Creatures was the same. They, now, studied harmless, but boring creatures like Flobberworms.

Alula tried to focus on the positives like how there hadn't been any more information on her cousin trying to get Hagrid fired or how the golden trio and many others were being more than generally nice to her. She had received letters from her aunt asking how she was and Alula would respond. The relationship between aunt and niece was growing slowly, yet strong and the Black girl loved it. Even though Alula had never met her real mother, life had a funny way of presenting mother-like figures to her.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

Gryffindor Common Room

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

Alula returned to the common room after dinner, she had been talking to Draco in one of their usual weekly chats below the bell tower. The short and sweet conversations allowed the cousins to stay connected while the two would tear each other down around friends or their separate houses.

Upon entering the common room, Ginny rushed up to Alula with a parcel. The letter said her name in some sort of attempted calligraphy.

"It was by the window," Ginny told her. "Do you know who it could be from?"

"I'm guessing France." She replied as she sat down on a sofa with Ginny. The trio and the Gryffindor Quidditch team were all talking. Alula had a feeling that the parcel was from Gabbie Delacour as she knew Fleur's handwriting was much neater.