23- the quidditch final

the quidditch final

the quidditch final

{1994}

The Great Hall

✧・゚: ✧・゚:    :・゚✧:・

The bustle of breakfast was greater than usual. Alula was sat at the Gryffindor table with Ginny, watching the coming and going of students. She ate her toast, talking to the Weasley girl. As they chatted, a small dove landed beside her with a letter tied to its leg.

"Ooh, France?" Ginny asked. It was definitely from France- Fleur and Gabbie had matching doves. This one, however, was Gabbie's as Alula saw a yellow ribbon on the dove's foot. It was Jolie. Gabbie had never been good at naming things, so named the bird how she described it- pretty.

"It's from Gabbie."

Alula carefully opened the letter, ready to read Gabrielle Delacour's gossip and news from France.

Bonjour Al!

I hope everything is good at Hogwarts. Not much has changed here, but Fleur has begun to hang around with Amilia Garcia-Morel, you know, the girl who would also make fun of me and you. I was talking with Madame Maxine the other day and she was asking about you. I told her you were enjoying Hogwarts though not as much as Beauxbatons! Once a Beauxbaton lady, always a Beauxbaton lady.

This letter should arrive hopefully before that Quidtist? Quidmitch? Quidditch final! Draco had been telling me about it. Apparently, it is your house against his! Is it possible for you to cheer for both? Maybe? Please can you wish him luck for me? He is a seeker, he said.

Please tell the Gryffindor team that I wish them the best.

He also mentioned the case of that poor hippogriff. You know he tried to persuade his father to drop charges.

I really miss you and hope we will see each other soon.

Au revoir,

Gabbie

Alula was surprised at how much Draco had been telling Gabbie, though she didn't mind. Harry and the rest of the Gryffindor team entered the Great Hall to enormous applause which snapped Aula from her thoughts. Harry couldn't help grinning broadly as both the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables were applauding them too. The Slytherin table hissed loudly as they passed. Alula noticed that Malfoy looked even paler than usual.

Wood spent the whole of breakfast urging his team to eat while touching nothing himself.

"Oi, Wood!" Alula called, trying to get the Gryffindor captain's attention.