DreamNotFound - Dealing With It

3rd Person's P.O.V.

"Just ignore it! I mean, it's not like you want to deal with it!"

"I'm not dealing with it? George, this hurts me just as much as you!"

No, they aren't fighting about who should kill the spider that's watching them in the corner.

"Oh well, Dream, thank you so much for you're help! Because I'm dealing with everything."

"Oh really?" Dream responds sarcastically.

"Yes!"

"George, you aren't doing anything! You haven't done anything!"

"Why should I? I didn't sign up for this! I shouldn't have deal with this."

"George, you're mother died! And it sucks, a lot, but you have to help plan the funeral. You can't act like it didn't fucking happen!"

George stares at Dream angrily, holding back his tears. It's getting to blurry as tears pool in his eyes but he can't blink, not wanting them to fall. He doesn't want to seem as broken up as he actually is.

"Why are you such a jackass? My mother died! Sorry if I don't want to plan her fucking funeral!"

George stomps away up to the pair's shared room. The door being slammed could be heard throughout the whole house.

Dream brings his hands to his face and he looks up. He groans and sits down. He didn't want to make George that upset. He just wanted him to realize the mistake he was making.

He'll always regret it if he doesnt help with the funeral.

Dream stays sat at the dinner table, rethinking all his words. He just wanted to help.

Well, see where helping got me.

He hated making George upset, especially over something he didn't want to be right about.

But he was.

And he needed George to know, whether or not it made him upset.

Dream sighs heavily and forces himself to stand up. He walks slowly, dragging his feet against the carpet in hopes to stall as much as he can.

He walks up the stairs and down the hall, stopping at their door.

He brings a fist up to it and hesitates to knock.

Get it done. It's for him. There's not reason for either of us to be upset at eachother.

Dream knocks lightly, hoping George hears it on the other side, and slowly opens the door.

He finds George laying on his side, facing the window.

Dream frowns at the sight, hoping he didn't hurt George as much as he thought.

"George?" Dream pushes the name out.

There's no response, but George shifts a little, almost looking like he was about to look back.

Dream decides to not say anything else, seeing as George doesn't seem to want to talk at all. Dream takes a few light steps and sits on the bed.

They stay in silence for a while.

Dream decides to lay down, facing the window too.
Dream was happy when George said he wanted the side with the window back when they first moved in together.

I thought that the light wouldn't bother me as bad.

He scoots close to George, barely being able to hear George's shaky breaths.

Dream still doesn't say a word. He gently lays an arm over George, and slides his other one underneath, pulling him as close as possible and hugging him.

It's still silent as far as words go but George fills the emptiness with sniffles and heavy breathing.

"I'm trying." Broken words escape through quiet sobs.

"I know."

"And I'm dealing with it and I-It's so hard!"

Dream doesn't respond. He lets George continue.

"And it does suck! Because I didn't ask for this! But here I am, continuing on! Because I have to!"

George inhales sharply, trying his best to not break down. But every emotion is coming up and every sad thought that he's had in past through his mind in the last 24 hours is coming up.

"The hardest part was not being there... I couldn't be there for her!"

A shaky sob is followed by a deep sniff.

"And I can't do anything- I can't do anything without thinking of her."

"I know." Dream says softly. "I'm sorry. For you having to go through this and yelling at you for not wanting to do it."

"No.. Don't apologize. You... You're right. I need to step up. She's counting on me."

Dream kisses George's shoulder gently.

"I'm still sorry, though. I shouldn't push you, I just want to let you know."

"I do know! I-" George holds back his words, not wanting to fight. He doesn't feel like doing anything at all.

"I'm sorry... Okay George? I love you, and I just don't want you to make a mistake."

"I- I know. I shouldn't be getting upset."

"No! You have all the right to be upset!" Dreams rushes out, feeling guilty.

No one speaks. The pair lay on the bed for who knows how long, watching out the window.

George sees a bird, one that usually comes and sits on the windowsill. Today it's staying on the tree branch right outside the window, next to it's nest.

Another bird flies over and lands close to the first one. They chirp at eachother before snuzzling up with one another.

George gulps, swallowing the lump in his back of his throat as he stops himself from crying again.

"I love you too."

-=+=-

Hiya

I got a new phone and ufhghgh I hate the keyboard on it. I have to get used to it and it's jist kinda annoying. So if there's any mistakes spelling wise, that's probably why.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed I wrote this around midnight the other night. And it's 30 past midnight when Im posting this so ima try to sleep.

I sometimes forget how much writing can help me sometimes.

Okie, bue lovelies <3