Escapism - Skephalo

Trigger warning // suicide

3rd Person's P.O.V.

Darryl kisses Zak's cheek, "I'm sorry I have to leave but i'll see you first thing tomorrow."

Zak pouts, "Can't you just stay tonight? Just one night?" He showers Darryl with Kisses

"Mm- heh, I would love to but I need to go home! My Luc- laundry, needs me."

"I need you." Zak says trying to sound pathetic.

Darryl chuckles, "I dont think you need me. But seriously Zak I gotta go."

"One more kiss?" Zak asks.

"No because then you'll keep asking for more."

Zak huffs, "You know me to well."

"Yeah unfortunately, but I'll talk to you tomorrow, love, bye!"

Zak smiles, "Bye babe."

Darryl rushes out the door into the rain, closing the door behind him and swiftly making it to his car. He starts the drive to his apartment.

i guess i have to face

Darryl missed Lucy, he couldn't bring her along when he moved to be closer to Zak.

that in this awfull place

It was weird, not being with his irl friends and being so close with his family. And he was struggling meeting new people.

i shouldn't show a trace

It was hard.

of doubt

And it was getting harder every day.

He didnt know who he could talk to about what he was feeling. He thought his friends and family would have rubbed it in his face and tell him "I told you so"

And he was afraid Zak wouldn't understand or it would make him feel bad.

Darryl blinked and suddenly he was home.

He stood outside his car, wanting the rain to run down his back. He wanted to feel cold, he wanted to shiver.

He went inside, and was about to bend over as if his little dog was about to greet him at the door.

But it was just silent.

but pulled against the grain

He was hurting.

i feel a litle pain

He felt guilty for hurting

that i could do

without

He wanted to stop the hurting

He texted Zak goodnight and that he loved him.

He pulled out a pen and paper... That's what people in movies did, wrote notes to why explain the reasons they did things?

i'd rather be...

He first wrote an apology, hoping to get some guilt off his chest

free-ee-ee

He wrote a paragraph for Zak.

free-ee-ee

A paragraph for his family.

free...

Another paragraph for his friends.

He didn't know what else to write. Was this good enough? Darryl sighed.

He was never good at saying goodbye.

Should he write a will? Did he even have anything to give?

i'd rather be...

Darryl started sobbing. He didn't know if this is what he wanted but he felt so alone and confused.

free-ee-ee

He screamed and threw his pencil, wondering why he even had to deal with this at all.

free-ee-ee

Why did he have to exist in the first place?? He just wanted to be erased

free...

He stood up and started pacing, starting to feel hot and boiling he felt like he was going to explode

He walks to the bathroom grabbed two small yellow bottles, bringing them back to his room

free-ee-ee

He groaned in frustration as he struggle to open the bottles, but as soon as he got them both open he threw a handful of into his mouth. He grabbed his water bottle. And repeats the process till both yellow bottles are empty.

free-ee-ee

Still fuming, he lays down in his bed. He cries again, but no noise comes out. But for a second he smiles. He feels drowsy. And he knows his broken, shattered, dried, shriveled heart will soon feel no more pain.

free...

from here