- seven - *

seven. unsteady

Despite her absolutely despising everyone she knew currently, Danika pulled herself together as Sarah Cameron requested.

She had gotten dressed in a large dark gray jumper and a pair of black dolphin shorts. She applied makeup as best she could to the slight remnants of the swelling on her cheek. The hoodie covered the marks that were still apparent on her neck, her wrists, and her abdomen. She had also done her makeup as she would normally. All she wanted was to retain a sense of normalcy; that was why she was allowing herself to be dragged to lunch.

She then waited for the black car to pull up.

Topper and Sarah arrived a bit after one, Danika grabbing her lanyard containing her wallet and keys she locked the door behind her, heading to the car.

As she climbed into the backseat, Topper's face held confusion. "It's ninety degrees, Danika." His simple words were a reference to the hoodie she was in.

"I was cold."

She didn't offer any further explanation, Topper glancing over at Sarah in an attempt to help him because less unsure. She simply shrugged. "Are you okay?" Topper questioned. His eyebrows were pulled together, his words showing less concern than curiosity.

Danika swallowed back the emotions that came forth when he asked the question. "Uh, yeah, why wouldn't I be, Top?" She smiled at him as he was turned and looking at her.

"You're acting weird," he explained. He was concerned for the girl; they had been friends for so long.

Danika let out a small laugh. "Honestly, I just got super drunk last night and I think it's catching up to me." While Topper didn't exactly buy this, it was sufficient enough. He nodded hesitantly, turning to the road in front of him. He then pulled away from the Beckett household, the three driving in relative silence towards the restaurant where they would be meeting Kelce.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Sarah led the group towards the restaurant. Kelce was going to meet the trio, as he was busy prior to the lunch.

Dani walked a few feet behind Sarah with Topper. She kept her hands in the front pocket of her hoodie as she walked a few inches to the side of Topper. His frosted tips were swept to the side as usual, wearing a baby blue button down and beige shorts.

She kept her eyes focused towards the wooden walkway leading to the restaurant. Her vision was pulled upwards as she harshly bumped against something.

"Watch where you're going, Pogue," Topper spat at the blond boy who had gotten slightly knocked back by the sudden impact from the girl.

JJ glanced up at individual he had bumped into; he recognized her as Danika Beckett. The girl's eyes looked distant, mumbling a small sorry to the boy she had hit; she didn't even bother to take note of who it was. She avoided his gaze, sinking further into her hoodie despite the ninety degree weather. It was much different than his shorts and light gray muscle tank to relieve the heat.

"Come on," Topper muttered, nudging Dani forward with his head. He glanced over to her, who was at his left. JJ gave Topper a glare and then continued walking away from the establishment as he had been.