chappie #1

The 7-year-old Teddy Lupin awoke to the cries of his baby godbrother at roughly 6 a.m. Surely Harry or Gin-Gin would get him soon, he thought. Right? A minute passed, and James only began to cry louder. He did what any caring godbrother would do, he went to soothe the baby and sure enough it worked! 

James stopped crying but now it now smelled like he needed a diaper change. He could do it, right? He's seen Harry and Ginny do it before countless times. It was simple. No big deal. Turns out, he deeply underestimated the art of changing a diaper. 

Why did his godparents have to be such deep sleepers?! James just had a cheeky smile on his face. "Don't you worry Jamie I'll have you fresh and clean in a new diaper pronto." Took a while but he did it! There was no hope of James going back to sleep so he laid out the playmat where he and James would play until Harry or Ginny woke up. 

Half an hour passed and yet no one woke up yet. Teddy needed to use the bathroom but didn't want to leave James all alone. He promised James he'd make it keep, not like James knew what he was saying or cared, but whatever. He ran off to the bathroom, did his business, and went back to accompany James. 

He tiptoed past Harry and Ginny's room back to the nursery and didn't see James anywhere on the mat. He did what any 7-year-old would do in this predicament, he panicked. 

"Jamie! Jaime! Where are ya?!" he tried to whisper. Then he heard a baby giggle. He did a double-take, ran out of the room, and found James in Harry's office with a necklace in his chubby baby hands. He let out a sigh of relief, it didn't occur to him that the necklace James had was a time-turner.  He didn't have time to wonder how James got into the office, let's just say Harry is bad at security. 

Teddy picked James up and headed back to the room to pass time. But as they were walking out of the office the necklace dropped and smashed into thousands of pieces. Teddy's eyes widened, but before he could take another step, the sand from the necklace surrounded the pair and they vanished from sight landing hard on solid ground. The last thing Teddy heard was his Godfather's faint whisper of, "Huh, what's going on...?" 

"Harry!", Teddy yelled in an attempt to attract the attention of his godfather. But it was too late, Teddy and James hit the ground with a 'thud' and James broke into a sob. 

He heard distant voices, "Who's crying", he heard the voice of a kind woman who sounded oddly familiar. Followed by a hoarse voice, "Let's check it out".  In fear and uncertainty of who these people where he covered James in a protective manner. 

Out of the dark stepped Molly Weasley and an unfamiliar man with a wooden leg and a magical artificial eye. The moment he saw Molly he ran to her and hugged her as tears poured down his cheeks.

"Oh Granny Weasley I'm sorry to disturb you, me and James don't know how we got here. Don't tell Uncle Harry or Gin-Gin!" the blue-haired boy cried. Molly comforted the boy and took James and at once the baby stopped crying in her arms. They walked into the kitchen to find Remus reading the Daily Prophet and Sirius telling off Kreacher. 

"Who's the kid?" Sirius asked bluntly. Teddy was no stranger to these two. He had heard stories and seen pictures to know these two were Sirius Black and Remus Lupin, his father, and his godfather's godfather. But how they were both long dead. At once Teddy broke into tears again. 

"Great Padfoot, you made his cry" Remus said with sarcasm as Sirius scowled. Remus walked over to Teddy and patted him on the back. "Where are your parents uh..." "T-Teddy," Teddy managed to say. "Er-right Teddy...where are your parents." 

Teddy just cried even louder, his own father didn't know him. If his father was here surely his mother would be here too, right! 

"Great Moony, you made the kid cry even louder" Sirius began, "Here kid, have a biscuit and tell us how you got here." Teddy gratefully accepted the biscuit, took a bite, and began to explain to them just how he got there.