062

Can we talk about it when you get here?

Neeks pls

I'm sorry

Can we talk?

I can't sleep

Call me? Nico please. I'm sorry. Please. I wasn't thinking

Please just text me back

Can we call?

Can I come over?

Please , we should talk this out.

I sighed. Chill dude.

Are you seeing these?

Wait are you hurt

One missed call from My Sunshine Boy

Wait. You're okay right?

Nico please tell me ur okay?

If you're seeing this please answer.

Two missed calls from My Sunshine Boy

Nico please. If you don't answer with something I'm going to show up at your door.

Please be okay

Look I'm so sorry I really am, please don't be reckless

Oh.

I sighed as I opened my phone. I went to Will's contact and called him.

"Nico!" His voice was so loud I held my phone away from my ear as I started trying to fish my keys out of my front pocket. "You're alive!"

I placed my phone against my ear again, bending my neck to wedge it between my ear and shoulder. "Yes William, I'm alive." I put the key in the door.

"I really don't like when you William me,"

"Yeah well," I sigh as I open my door. "Sorry," I say, but it was obvious I wasn't actually.

"Nono, you shouldn't be apologizing," I tossed my bag down and grabbed my phone, quickly putting it on speaker. "Nico. I am, from the bottom of my heart, so sorry, what I did, was so fucked. You were only trying to look out for me, and I keep thinking back on it, what I did. I'm sorry, I really am, at the time, I didn't realize it, but the more I think about it,"

"Are you sorry for smoking or sorry for how you handled it?"

There was a short silence after I asked him that.

"I'm sorry for how I handled it, and that you even found me, I didn't wanna make it your problem. And I don't want to lie, I'm not sorry for smoking, I feel like it's my body, and it's just a cigarette-" I couldn't help but slightly wince. Flashbacks shooting to the front of my brain. "-and I know that's not what you want to hear, so for that I am sorry. I'm sorry I can't give you the answer you want, but I'd rather that than lie."

I took that in, biting the inside of my cheek. "Okay, well... thanks for your honesty... I guess," I pinched the bridge of my nose, holding the phone up, a few inches from my mouth. "But don't you realize that it's not just a cigarette. It's packs! That shit adds up and is dangerous as hell."

"But I can stop if I want, it just helps me in certain situations."

"Everyone says that Will, and then it's too late,"

"Neeks, this isn't gonna kill me," he laughed, which really managed to tick me off.

"William Solace you are the smartest dumb person I ever met! You're a med student, how can you say that? And believe it? This shit kills people,"