21-Childhood Christmas (10k bonus

A/n: This is the Christmas that is seen in the photograph that had been mentioned in chapter 1. This is meant to be the tale of that day. In this Autumn and her brothers are 7.

I held my Dad's hand tightly as we got off the plane. We instantly started walking to the baggage claim. Even with this being a private airport the place is more crowded than usual. I asked, "Do you really have to catch the next flight back? Can't you spend Christmas with me and my brothers?"

His eyes looked into mine, "Sunshine, you know I can't. Yet, I brought you here. Can't have the triplets separated."

I mumbled, "It's unfair..."

He sighed, "It may be." We arrived at the baggage claim. He smiled, "Yet you'll come back the 27th, we'll watch the ball drop together on New Year."

I smiled, "Yeah, I can't wait to." He picked up my little light purple suitcase off the belt. I grinned, "Thanks for helping me pack."

He stated, "I'm grateful you only wanted to pack four outfits and pajamas."

I questioned, "But it'll only be three days after today. I did too many."

He stated, "You're sweet, Sunshine." He held my hand and started leading me through the airport. He said, "Since I won't see you tomorrow, I hope you have a very Merry Christmas."

I smiled, "Thanks, Dad. I hope you do too. Tell the staff too."

Dad reminded me, "They're all off until the 28th remember?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I know." Then I saw mom and my brothers. I ran over instantly wrapping my brothers in a hug. They giggled hugging me back.

In unison, they stated, "We missed you."

I proclaimed, "I missed you guys more!"

I heard Dad, "Okay, Autumn's suitcase is right here. She'll be coming back the 27th, right?"

Mom stated, "Yes, I know. She'll be on the 10 am flight."

Hikaru said, "The 27th?"

Kaoru whined, "That's too soon!"

I said, "Hey, remember I come when I can. I still have lessons."

They nodded in understanding. Dad said, "Boys, can I get a hug?" They went over lightly and slightly reluctantly hugging him. He said, "I love you, Hikaru" he patted Hikaru's back, "and Kaoru." He then patted Kaoru's back.

———

I laid in between my brothers. Mom had picked out our clothes for tomorrow. They were in light grey silk pajamas and I was in light purple ones.

I smiled at the ceiling. They had fallen asleep hugging me. I whispered, "I hope we love each other forever. That's all I want. I've been a good girl, Santa. So I know it's late to wish, but please... I want us to always care about and love each other..." I felt myself nodding off. I tilted my head to look at Kaoru. I let out a yawn and closed my eyes.

——-

I woke up to my brothers tugging at my arms. They spoke in unison, "Come on! Come on!" They pulled me up to where I was sitting. They continued, "It's Christmas! It's Christmas!"

I slowly opened my eyes to both of their smiling faces. I mumbled, "Okay!" I hopped up and beat them off the bed. We tumbled down the stairs a little yet kept going.

When we reached the bottom Mom called out, "I hear you guys!" We went into the living room in a frenzy. She cheered, "Okay! I know you want your presents. Autumn's is in pink, Hikaru your's are blue and Kaoru has red."

We all went to them. There were somewhat small stacks. We all picked the biggest one in unison. We opened up a PS2 each. We all squealed. This is the newest tech! And we got it! I looked at all the smaller packages, games.

We continued to rip through presents until we were done. All of us had 15 different games for it. Although, they were all the same games. We called out together, "Thanks, Mom."

She said, "Okay, now let's get a family photo. Give me a moment and I'll be back."

After a bit, she came back in wearing a long silky red dress. Her makeup was on but made to look natural. Her hair was in a neat bun. She smiled, "Okay let's get this photo." Behind her came a photographer.

We went to the tree. Mom stood directly in front of the tree. She pulled me by my shoulder in front of her. Hikaru went to my left, and Kaoru to my right.

We took many photos, yet we were promised this was the last one. They wrapped their arms around my shoulders and I wrapped mine behind their backs. The photographer began counting again, "3..2.." I closed my eyes and smiled, "1." Then the clock rang out.

I felt relief hit me as I was done. Mom said, "Autumn, tomorrow you can pick one to take home with you."

I nodded, "Thanks, Mom."

——-

Mom had multiple copies of all the photos spread out across the dining room table. Then I saw it, the last one. I grabbed it.

I stood in between the pair, both had on light grey silk pajamas. Them smiling broadly with their arms wrapped around me. I stood in between the pair in light purple silk pajamas. My eyes were closed and I was smiling. Behind us stood mom in a long formal red dress. Behind that was the humongous Christmas tree.

I spoke, "This one!"

Kaoru said, "Oh, let's write on the back so you remember today!"

I nodded, "Okay!"

Mom grabbed a pen and started,
'We always love you Autumn-Mom'

Hikaru then took the pen enthusiastically,
'We will miss you-Hikaru'

Kaoru finally took it,
'Can't wait to see you again-Kaoru'

I smiled lightly. I'm so happy that yesterday was so good. I hope my brothers feel the same.