The "Date"

Chapter 2

School had ended and I decided to take the long way home. It would be nice to have a little thinking time to myself.

"Lucy! Wait up!"

I swiveled around to see a flash of blue run towards me.

"Levy?"

Don't get me wrong, I was very happy to see her. It's just I wasn't expecting to, since Levy had texted me earlier; something about showing a new student at school around.

Gajeel Redfox, if I remember correctly.

Levy nodded enthusiastically. "Showing the new guy around ended early, so I got to leave earlier then planned."

"Awesome. We can walk home together," I nodded. Levy and I shared an apartment together in Magnolia. I left home, since my father was trying to control me ever since mom had passed from illness.

Levy wanted to be there for me despite her parents not wanting her to move so far away. They still agreed, and it was surprising, to say the least. She still keeps in touch with them, and they send money to her every month. It must be nice to have at least one parent that cares that much about you.

Levy fell into step with me as we walked.

"So what do you think of the student you helped today?" I asked, a cheeky smile spreading across my face.

Levy looked away, but I was able to catch the color of pink on her cheeks.

"He's cool, I guess," She said quietly.

"Cool? That's it?"

"He also plays the guitar, and he has a black cat named Lily. His full name is Panther Lily though," Levy rambled on. "He loves smelting and making stuff out of iron."

I smiled, giving her a sideways glance. We finally reached our apartment, and as soon as I stepped inside, I took off my shoes and threw them inside an open closet.

"Lucy! You can't just chuck them in there like that!" Levy scolded as she went over to pick them up.

"Oops," I said plainly. Once inside my room, I placed my backpack near the chair of my desk and flopped onto my bed face first.

I turned on my phone and saw I had a missed call from Juvia.

I pressed on my contacts and decided to call her back. Juvia, like Levy, is one of my best friends. She was out of town visiting her family, so she would miss the first week of school. The phone rang three times before being picked up.

"Hello?" A voice asked.

"Juvia!"

"Lucy? Ohmygosh I haven't seen-or more like spoken-to you in such a long time!" She said squealing.

"Only a month Juvia," I said shaking my head. "You act as if we haven't talked in years."

"Sure felt like that."

We ended the call after awhile. I glanced over at my clock and noticed it getting pretty late.

I heard my phone buzz, so I quickly picked it up, only to see I'd gotten a text from an unknown number. The same one that had called me.