2

"Wake up man, you had another dream again." James shook Mason on the bed and Mason slowly woke up.

"Sorry man." Mason rubs his neck and James pats his back.

"Has it been that bad ever since you left your home?" He nods and James sighs.

"Look man, I don't know how much of this I can take. Not only was it the same creepy man, but this time I had an envelope that was going to lead me to treasure." James sighs again before getting off the side of the bed and heading into the kitchen.

The kitchen wasn't small, nor was it big. It had a descent size for about a 4 person family. 3 bedrooms, 3 bath. James grabbed an orange juice carton out of the fridge and poured it into a glass.

Mason was still surprised after what happened only 2 months ago. He couldn't believe he did what he did, but he had to except the fact that he wasn't going back.

"Hey Mason!" James shouts from the kitchen, "if you want, I can make us some waffles." Mason scratches his head and his wolf ears before heading into the kitchen.

Mason was a hybrid. Hybrids are half human half animal. They have the ears and tail of an animal, but the body and face of a human. They can shift from their hybrid form into their full animal form, but Mason never had to.

Mason dragged his feet into the kitchen and James smiled.

"I know school is a week away, but we can still have fun." Mason poked out his lips and sat on the barstool.

"But people will stare, like they always do." James hands him some orange juice and starts to make the waffles.

"But that's because they aren't like you. You are something that just blows their minds away." Mason huffs and twirls his cup, so that his drink is going in circles.

"Can I just wear my black beanie and just say I had a condition with my butt and it just looks weird?" James rolls his eyes and crosses his arms and puts them on the counter.

I'll talk to someone who can fix your pants to your liking. But you could just go with my idea and make it look like an expensive belt. Just wrap it around yourself." Mason takes James's eye roll and uses it himself on James.

"Fine then," James turns when he hears the waffle are ready, "I guess people will just have to know that you have a tail and-"

"Urgh...fine." Mason stands up shows James as he wraps his tail around his waist. James grins.

"Now that you think of it," before James could say anything else, Mason takes off his pants and tucks his tail under his butt, then puts the pants back on.

"Better?" Mason snaps and James chuckles.

"Isn't that going to hurt when you sit on it?" Mason shakes his head and sits down.

"I've done this a lot when I went out to public with my parents. I'm use to the pain and discomfort." James frowns and hands Mason the pancakes.

~

Lunna was looking through her stuff, went she heard something fall. She rolled my eyes. Not again. Lunna walks into the living room to see Emily being her clumsy self and dropped something on the floor.

"Oh, sorry Lunna. I didn't mean to drop it." Emily picks up the picture and puts it back on the fireplace.

"It's fine." Lunna plasters on a smile and watches as Emily continues to clean the fireplace from dust.

"Do you always have to clean?" Lunna said, crossing her arms and leaning on the door frame.

"It's a habit my mom got me into. Ever since I was little. She would tell me, "every Monday you will have to clean your room and make sure it's spotless." Lunna laughs as Emily sounds just like her mother's british voice.

Lunna goes back to her bedroom to get ready for the day. Emily moved in 2 years ago. Before that, she lived in the same city as her, but lived with her cousins. Since they were besties and they were going to the same high school, Emily moved in with Lunna and stayed with her. Her parents would come visit every so often, just to see how Emily was doing.

"I was wondering if we could go shopping today. I mean, you have a lot of...ummm..." Emily tries to come up with words that won't hurt Lunna's feelings.

"Gothy-like clothes?" Lunna ask, furrowing her eyebrow and Emily nods slowly.

"I didn't want to be rude." Lunna smiles and shakes her head.

"It's fine. I have my clothes ideas and you have yours, plus, you have better taste. My taste just ran out the window like there was no tomorrow." Emily laughs and it makes Lunna's smile widen.

Seeing Emily smile makes Lunna happy. Lunna didn't experience much happiness when her parents told her she had to start living on her own, even though she wasn't at that age where she was able to. Her parents pay her bills, but still.

"So where do you want to shop today?" Emily's face lights up and walks over to Lunna. She holds her hands and looks at Lunna. Lunna knows what this means. It's the store Lunna hates.

"Please? I like their clothes." Emily gives her puppy eyes and Lunna rolls hers.

"Fine." Emily squeals and runs to her room.

Lunna looks in her clothes and finds a burgundy tank top dress that has a rocker band on it. It goes to the top of her knees, which was ok. She then got black leggings and black timberlands.

Lunna heads to her bathroom and brushes her hair. She leaves it down and puts a black beanie over her hair. She does the rest of her bathroom stuff and heads to the living room to meet Emily.

Emily has on pastel colors. She wore a pastel pink crop top with light blue ripped jeans and pastel purple Nike's. Her pastel pink hair was in a high ponytail and she had on eyeliner and mascara. Lunna didn't really care about makeup, so she didn't put it on.

"Ooo, add this to your wardrobe." Emily gives Lunna a black leather jacket and Lunna puts it on.

"Great! Now we can go." Emily skips to the door and opens it, then walks out the door and leaves Lunna to lock it. Before Lunna got in the car, she went to go and check the mail.

When she opened the mailbox, she was surprised to see a very elegant letter in the mail. When she walked back to the car, she opened her car door and got in, then closed it back.

"What's that?" Emily questions.

"I don't know." Lunna opens the envelope and gasp as she reads it.

"What?! What does it say?!" Emily ask, anxious to find out.

"It says, dear Lunna and Emily, you have been chosen to look for the missing treasure. Work together to find it and make sure no one gets it. You and 2 others will work together with your powers and find the treasure. Be careful, somethings and someone might try and stop you. Sincerely, the treasure keeper." Emily gasp and looks at Lunna in excitement.

"You know what this means?" Lunna shakes her head.

"We're going to be treasure hunters!"