22. "show-nothing"

Evie was just packing up her things, alone, after taking photos and seeing her mom when jay walked in. "Hey" he smiled. "Oh hi" she said, not looking up at him but smiling. "So what happens now?" he asks. "Hmm?" Evie was confused, she still did'nt look up at him. "Is this the end of the showmance? Does it all just go back to nothing? Do we forget about everything that happened?" he asked. Evie zipped up her bag and turned to him. "Well I guess, until the next musical we just go back to how it was before. everyone goes back to their old friends I guess" She shrugs. "I don't want that" he sighs. "What do you mean?" Evie was confused. 

"I dont want us to just be a showmance" he reveals how he truly felt. "Oh" was all evie could say. "Come on evie, we're already dance partners, song partners, and I took you to homecoming, we're more than half way" he says, looking into her eyes. "Jay." she starts, sighing. She was scared. She didn't want things to change. Evie had learnt when you put a label on things, everything changes. How long would it be until he stole her phone, or left her for good. 

"Come on, why do we have to label things, We're evie and jay. We work well together" she smiles, but he just looks back at her blankly. "A-and we can joke around, sassy banter? Show-boyfriend?" she asks, wanting to see him smiling. But instead he just looked even sadder. "Feels more like show-nothing" he sighed, and walked away. Leaving them both heartbroken. Neither really knew what had happened, but they both knew whatever they had was over. 

Gina ran over to the room, the biggest smile on her face. "Eves I have the best news!" She exclaimed before seeing the look on her best friends face. "You okay?" she asked, approaching her as she didnt turn to face her when she was stood in the doorway. "We broke up" evie sighed, letting one single tear fall down her face. "You were never together?" Gina asked. "I know I know, but it hurts" evie sighed again. 

"Do you want to explain?" Gina was confused. "Wait, don't you gave a flight to catch?" Evie asked. "That's my great news, ash is letting me stay in hers over the break, and we are going to work it out so I maybe move in with her!" Gina exclaims, hoping to see a smile on her best friends face. Evie grinned. "Really! So you're staying!" she squealed, her mood changing for a split second. Gina nodded, before turning back to the problem she wanted to get to the bottom of. "So what happened?" Then evie spilt everything. 

"Do you want to go back to yours? Or go to the party?" Gina asks. Evie thought about it. "Party, it'll cheer me up, a choosical redusical is what every sad girl needs right?" she laughed slightly, walking out with gina. "If you're sure" gina smiled. "Wait, I left my coat, i'll be back" Evie disappeared back into the room, ej catching a glimpse of her slightly tear stained eyes.

 "Is evie okay?" he asked, approaching gina. Gina shrugged. Ej gave her a look to get her too elaborate. "They broke up" she shrugged. Ej didn't even question it, he was just filled with the need to protect his little sister. "Do I need to-" he began to walk towards jay angrily. Gina placed her hands on his arm, stopping him. "She's fine" she said firmly. "You got this?" he asked. "I got this" She confirmed. "Are you coming to ash's" he asked. "I am" she smiled. Ej also smiled down at her. "I'll see you there" then with a wink he walked away. 

Evie came back up to gina with a smirk. "Don't even bring it up" Gina rolled her eyes fondly, though she was still smiling and it had something to do with the older Caswell. "Shall we?" Evie put her arm out for gina to link. "We shall" Gina linked her arm with her best friends and they left the school their spirits with high and low. 

As they walked towards ash's house, evie pulled out her phone to check the time. She sighed when her eyes met her lock screen. "Gina" she sighed. "Hmm?" Gina replied, coming back into reality from her daydream. Evie just held up her phone so gina could see. "Oh" Gina sighed. "It was from homecoming" Evie sighed, frowing before getting an idea. She messed with her phone for a little whole as they walked before holding it back up, proudly this time. Her lock screen was now her and gina, from homecoming night. "Wow, I made it onto the lock screen, I feel privileged" Gina laughed. 

As they played high school musical: the choosical, again, evie noticed how Ej and Gina made an effort to be on the same team. She avoided jay and found herself sat on the floor next to seb, which she didn't mind. She almost squealed when she saw Gina rest her head on Ejs shoulder casually, but if there was anything tonights performance taught her, it was how to not squeal when she shouldn't, but the musical did teacher her alot. Including you should try and hold onto to your showmance's and keep them real if feelings come into play, which they had.