28. "for old times sake"

Evie walked into school, her usual smile not on her face. Today her big brother was leaving school, and he was already emotional and they had only just left the house. "You have one last day at east high, what are you going to do?" Evie asked, holding a 'microphone' to his face. "I dont know e, just treat it as normal?" he shrugged. "Boring" she sighed. "I've already had all of the fun things already, just got to get through today and graduation then it's over" Ej sighs back. "Oh yeah, prom! How was it? Did you get through the night without having a drink poured on your head?" Evie asked, smirking. "It was great, and no, she didn't pour a drink on my head" Ej says. "Aww, she should have" Evie pouted. "Why?" Ej asks defensively. "Would have been good, for old times sake, the memories of when you weren't together but liked each other and I was the only one who saw it, good times"

As the final bell of their sophomore year rang, everyone in evies class seemed so happy. She walked down to the rehearsal room, where everyone was meeting up for one last goodbye, at least of the year. "Okay wildcats!" Miss Jenn said, walking into the room. "Today is out last day as a full family, we say goodbye to one of our amazing actors, and some of our fabulous dancers" she says, pointing to each one in turn. "I would like to thank you all, each and every one of you, for your dedication to our musicals this year, and for supporting each other so brilliantly" she smiled. 

"Now, I know graduation is tomorrow, but does anyone want to say anything, to reflect on our year?" She asks, evies hand shooting up. "Go ahead evie" she smiles.

"Okay so I never ever planned on being in a musical. My brother was always amazing in them, but I was never confident in myself enough and was always too afraid. This year when Miss Jenn asked me to get on that stage and actually believed in me, I loved it. I have never felt so included in my life. I have also never made better friends, you all will be my favourite people for life. these two musicals, particularly high school musical, have been the best times of my life" she smiled, tears welling up in her eyes. "Awww" everyone chorused. They all joined in a big group hug. 

"Why does it feel like we are saying goodbye forever" Evie laughed through her tears. "Because I am" Ej sighs. "Yeah, but it feels like i'm not going to see any of you ever again" Evie says, slightly confused. "It's an end of an era evie, but the next era is only bigger and better" Miss Jenn smiled. "thats showbizz" Evie and Carlos said in unison, doing jazz hands. They didn't plan it but it set them both off laughing. "We have had some great memories" Nini says, leaning her head onto rickus shoulder. "We have, and that's why I have this to show you all" Miss Jenn smiled. She pressed a remote and a projection appeared on the wall in front of them. It was a video, of all of their best moments. From the dismal, but now funny read through, to the disastrous but hilarious photoshoot, to the rehearsals of Ricky and nini trying to slow dance, to opening night of both musicals to parties and high school musical choosicals. 

"So go, enjoy your summers, and I will see most of you after the break!" Mis Jenn announced. Everyone bid each other goodbyes and began to walk out. Miss Jenn called ej back. "You know you are always welcome back, we might need your help in our musicals" she smiled. "Thank you" he laughed. "you're welcome, now go, Good luck in wherever you go next!" Miss Jenn grinned, in true theatre fashion. Ej laughed, giving her a goodbye and walking out. 

"I can't believe that next time we walk through these doors, we will be juniors!" Evie exclaims. "You're far too excited about getting older" Jay comments. "I've always been the younger one,  I like getting older" Evie shrugs. "Oh yeah, you're not sixteen yet" Gina teases. "Oh yeah, that reminds me, we need to celebrate your birthday" Evie turns to jay. 

"My birthday was months ago" Jay says, confused. "Yes, but we weren't speaking then, so" she shrugs. "How about we just celebrate yours" he states, trying to trick her. "Fine" she sighs. "But what are you doing for yours?" Gina asks. "Well," she starts, earning a groan from the two people beside her. "I was going to have a party, you know sweet sixteen and all, but then I remembered ejs got his party planned which is only like ten days after so thats out and plus I don't like parties, so I might just go to the roller rink or something" she shrugs. "I can't believe you don't like parties! I mean I am jay from the par-tay" "Shut up"

Evie sat with gina and her family, who were their to watch ejs graduation. Evie couldn't lie, she had zoned out for most of it, until it was time for ejs speech. He walked up and found his family in the crowd. "East high has given me some, if not all, of the best times in my life. I've been lucky enough to be part of many amazing musicals and feel that bond that you make with the cast. I am really going to miss everyone, especially my theatre family. But I know that everyone is going to go on to do great things, and I have high hopes for myself. But I always know that in the back of my mind will always be where my true love and passion for theatre began, east high"

Evie smiled, letting a tear fall down her face as she watched ej throw his cap into the air. She was an emotional person as it was, but this was her older brother. The person she had looked up to for years, if not forever, had graduated and they wouldn't be going to the same school anymore. And she was just emotional, and proud. Very proud.