Chapter 1: The aggressive ghost

Nezuko Kamado was not mentally stable. At least, so said the rumors that circulated through the Kimetsu Academy, like blood flowing through the body, smoothly and disturbingly fast. News traveled rather quickly in this school, both good and bad news.

Two girls were talking in rapid whispers, making sure no one heard them, or the flow of the rumors would continue running even faster. "Hey, did you hear? One of the Kamado siblings, Nezuko, is mentally unstable ever since the incident."

"Oh?" the second girl whispered back. "Kamado... that's the family who owns a bakery, isn't it? Isn't Nezuko the cute pink-eyed girl? What happened to her?"

"Yes... Apparently, an aggressive ghost haunts the rooftop at sunset, scaring the life out of people. It screams at them, jumpscaring them to death! Poor Nezuko was unfortunate to have seen it." Her friend gasped, putting her hand on her mouth to suppress it. They remained silent, until a question had slided in the second girl's mind.

"But then, if it's so well known, why did it scar Nezuko? Shouldn't she have known?" Bell would ring in 2 minutes. They needed to wrap up this conversation up quickly.

"Well, yes, but rumor has it that not only did she witness the aggressive ghost, but a whole school of ghosts... scary, the idea of such thing in our school! It's just a rumor though," she added.

The bell rang. The two girls said goodbye to themselves and left quickly for class, or Tomioka-sensei would hit them again. Despite the many complaints from the students, the heartless teacher continues to punch whoever is deemed weak and worthless in the face. Rumor is, he's particularly harsh on the blond guy from the student council for being accused of dying his hair. However, he denies those accusations, because this was his natural hair color. A natural blonde? What a joke...

And yet it wasn't a joke. The accusations were wrong, and the so-called blonde guy, Zenitsu Agatsuma, was now running down the halls, now that class has ended, to meet up with his friend Tanjiro, and to see if really, the rumors were true. Because if they were, our fellow Tanjiro was going to be asked two questions:

1. Why did you not tell me before?!
2. IS NEZUKO-CHAN OKAY??!

"TAAAAANJIROOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" Zenitsu screamed all the way down the hall, finally finding his friend, cringing. "Would you mind being a little less loud? Honestly, it's embarrassing getting your named screamed-"

"NOW'S NOT THE TIME FOR THAT, NOW TELL ME, TELL ME, IS IT TRUE THA-" His loud, whiny voice was muffled by a quick swish of Tanjiro's hand being placed over his mouth. "Shhhh! Do you want the whole school to find out?!" He sighed in desperation.

"Sorry! Sorry..." Zenitsu lowered his voice, so only the two of them could hear. "Is it true that Nezuko-chan is... traumatized? Uh, not that it's necessarily true. I mean, that's why I'm asking. Don't get the wrong idea here," he added hastily, waving his hands in defense.

Tanjiro sighed once more. "She's okay, for now. She just can't speak, and has a rather child-like mentality..." The older brother was very worried about what happened to his sister, since no one was there to confirm whether it truly was the work of a ghost or not. "The doctors say that it was probably a strong hallucination, but I don't know... It smells fishy." (Not funny Tanjiro.)

"Well, is she okay?! Oh, poor Nezuko-chan! I'm sure she's already calling out my name, I can practically hear her!" (She's not.) Tanjiro forehead-flicked his friend. "Didn't I tell you she can't speak? Honestly..." He sighed. "Come on, I'll explain more on the way. Before Inosuke breaks something."

"....he probably already has," muttered Zenitsu under his breath.

The two of them started making their way to their usual lunch spot, which usually consisted of picking up the 'feral gremlin' (as Zenitsu so originally nicknamed him) from the director's office. In a way, Tanjiro was wrong, and Zenitsu was right: Inosuke mostly already had broken something before lunchtime. So everyday, they would wait outside the director's office and hope that he wasn't expelled. (Well, at least Tanjiro. Zenitsu would usually hope the opposite.)